SOUTH SUDAN –NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF STATISTICS (NSDS)
STATISTICAL CAPACITY BUILDING PROJECT/PREPARATION ACTIVITIES
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
Conduct of Training in Basic and Advanced Excel Application
Country: REPUBLIC OF SOUTH SUDAN
Name of Project: SOUTH SUDAN –STATISTICAL CAPACITY BUILDING PROJECT
Credit No.: 5537-SS
Project No.: P144139
This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in UNDB on 3rd July, 2014, 2014 and The Citizen on 3rd July, 2014 and The Juba Monitor on 4th July 2014.
The Government of the Republic of South Sudan (GRSS) has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) for the Proposed South Sudan National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (NSDS): Statistical Capacity Building Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards the cost of Basic and Advanced Excel Application Software Training..
The training will be for 50 statisticians or technical staff of NBS and MDAs (Ministry, Department and Agency) who are involved in statistical activities. The training is expected to start May/June 2016 in two batches.
The applicant shall be in charge of all matters as detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) that are stated under the scope of the assignment below.
The main objective of this Basic and Advanced excel training program is to capacitate those handling statistical data within the MDAs to be able to analyze and communicate to users’ accurate information. Also, the course aims to give participants:
A basic understanding of excel and its applications;
Extended knowledge in some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities of Excel by automating some repeated tasks, troubleshooting errors, sharing workbooks with others in secure manner, applying advanced analysis techniques to more complex data sets, and sharing Excel data with other applications.
The training will be for 50 statisticians or technical staff of NBS and MDAs in both basic as well as advanced excel software applications for an estimated duration of four weeks face to face practical training.
The service provider should have following qualifications and experience:
Has adequate training physical facilities in Juba
Has minimum of three years experience in delivering Information Communication Technology training
Has adequate qualified trainer in the subject
Capable of delivering training in English Language
Interested service providers or training entities may obtain further information at the address given below from 9:00 to 16:00 Hrs on the working days. (Monday through Friday)
Expression of interest (EOI) must be delivered to the address below by 21th April 2016, 04:00pm, Juba time.
NSDS Coordination Team-NCT,
National Bureau of Statistics
Attention: Mr. Atem Bul
May Street, Juba
Tel: +211 956055890,
Juba, South Sudan
Newer news items:
- UNHCR - Vacancy Notice: National Individual Environment Consultant, Juba - 29/04/2016
- ACF international - WASH program officer (Water supply), Malualkon - 29/04/2016
- UNHCR - Internal/External Vacancy Notice : ICT Associate, G-6, (PN 10018726), Bunj - 28/04/2016
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement : Procurement Officer (contracting), NO-B, (TA), Juba - 22/04/2016
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement : Logistics Officer, NO-A, (TA), Yambio - 18/04/2016
Older news items:
- South Sudan National Bureau of Statistics - Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) For Internship/Attachment program for Undergraduate and Postgraduates of Statistics, Mathematics and Economics - 14/04/2016
- South Sudan National Bureau of Statistics - Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) For Consulting firm to conduct Crisis Recovery Survey fieldwork in IDP camps - 14/04/2016
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement : Administrative Assistant, GS-4, (TA), Pibor - 09/04/2016
- UNICEF - Re-advertisement: Child Protection System strengthening at sub national level - International individual/ institutional consultancy - 07/04/2016
- UNICEF LESOTHO - Consultancy Assignment, National Information System for Social Assistance (NISSA) Consultant - 07/04/2016
Popular news items:
- Various Posts in UNICEF South Sudan - 01/07/2012 - Read 185779 times
- Vacancy announcement from World Food Programme ,South Sudan Country office - 27/06/2016 - Read 55380 times
- 5 Uinted Nations Volunteers (UNV) Vacancies for South Sudanese Nationals - 31/03/2017 - Read 29777 times
- UNICEF - Communication Officer - Juba - 16/07/2012 - Read 22167 times
- South Sudan embassy various vacancies - Washington DC - 11/08/2012 - Read 20843 times