SOUTH SUDAN –NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF STATISTICS (NSDS)
STATISTICAL CAPACITY BUILDING PROJECT/PREPARATION ACTIVITIES
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
Consulting firm to conduct Crisis Recovery Survey fieldwork in IDP camps
Country: REPUBLIC OF SOUTH SUDAN
Name of Project: SOUTH SUDAN –STATISTICAL CAPACITY BUILDING PROJECT
Credit No.: 5537-SS
Project No.: P144139
Procurement SSSTACAP/CQS 4.4/2016
This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in UNDB on 3rd July, 2014, 2014 and The Citizen on 3rd July, 2014 and The Juba Monitor on 4th July 2014.
The Government of the Republic of South Sudan (GRSS) has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) for the Proposed South Sudan National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (NSDS): Statistical Capacity Building Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards the cost of the Crisis Recovery Surveyconsultancy service.
The assignment will last for a period of 4 months, expected to start May 2016 and with an option for extension subject to the requirements of the project and satisfactory performance.
The consultant shall be in charge of all matters as detailed in the Terms of Reference (ToR) that are stated under the scope of the assignment below.
Objective of the Assignment
A statistically representative Crisis Recovery Survey will be conducted by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) to assess the economic needs of IDPs living in camps. The Crisis Recovery Survey (including recruitment and training) will run from May 2016 through August 2016 and will cover a number of selected IDP camps, including but not limited to Protection of Civilians (PoC) sites.
The objective of the assignment will be to manage the implementation of the survey in the field, to recruit and monitor the survey teams, and to provide field reports as required.
Scope of Service
The Consultant will workin close collaboration with the National Bureau of Statistics. The consultant will perform the following activities (further details in the ToR):
To recruit qualified survey enumerators and team supervisors in selected IDP camps
To obtain permissions from UN and other required organizations to access the camps
To co-facilitate with NBS and the World Bank the training of enumerators and supervisors in Juba
To manage the implementation of a CAPI survey in selected IDPcamps, including coordination, security management, listing, interviewing, data submission, and quality control
To provide field reportsas required
Qualifications and Experience
The Consultant must demonstrate extensive experience in CAPI household survey implementation in conflict environments, as well as strong technical expertise in this field.
The firm’s staff having overall responsibility for the survey must hold a Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant discipline; a bachelor’s degree with relevant experience may be considered equivalent.
The Consultant must be willing to work in the selected IDPs Camps including PoC sites, and must be able to recruit and retain staff that will have freedom of movement in the camps and be accepted by the communities there.
The Consultant should have field work experience in South Sudan and be able to obtain required permissions to carry out the field work.
The Consultant will need to demonstrate an interest in the research topic and a strong motivation to push the project forward to its completion while maintaining a focus on quality.
The overall assignment is expected to last for not more than four (4) months from the date of signing of the contract.The time framework for the proposed assignment is expected to commence May/June 2016 through August/September 2016.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The nature of association, whether it is a joint venture or a sub consultancy, should clearly be stated. In case of joint venture the firm leading the joint venture should be mentioned.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Qualification based Selection method (CQS) set out in the Selection and Employment of Consultants Guidelines.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011.
The deadline for the receipt of Expression of Interest is April 21, 2016; 16:00 Juba time (04:00 pm). Expressions of interest must be in a written form delivered (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) to the address below.
NSDS Coordination Team-NCT
National Bureau of Statistics
Mr. Atem Bul, NSDS Coordinator,
Ministries Street, Juba
P.O. box 137
Tel: +211 956055890
Juba, South Sudan
Newer news items:
- UNHCR - Internal/External Vacancy Notice : ICT Associate, G-6, (PN 10018726), Bunj - 28/04/2016
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement : Procurement Officer (contracting), NO-B, (TA), Juba - 22/04/2016
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement : Logistics Officer, NO-A, (TA), Yambio - 18/04/2016
- South Sudan National Bureau of Statistics - Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for Conduct of Training in Basic and Advanced Excel Application - 14/04/2016
- South Sudan National Bureau of Statistics - Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) For Internship/Attachment program for Undergraduate and Postgraduates of Statistics, Mathematics and Economics - 14/04/2016
Older news items:
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement : Administrative Assistant, GS-4, (TA), Pibor - 09/04/2016
- UNICEF - Re-advertisement: Child Protection System strengthening at sub national level - International individual/ institutional consultancy - 07/04/2016
- UNICEF LESOTHO - Consultancy Assignment, National Information System for Social Assistance (NISSA) Consultant - 07/04/2016
- UNICEF - Consultancy Assignment, Inclusive Education Consultant, UNICEF Ghana - 06/04/2016
- UNICEF - Temporary Assignment - TA Programme Manager P/4 Level Oman - 06/04/2016
Popular news items:
- Various Posts in UNICEF South Sudan - 01/07/2012 - Read 206052 times
- Vacancy announcement from World Food Programme ,South Sudan Country office - 27/06/2016 - Read 59298 times
- 5 Uinted Nations Volunteers (UNV) Vacancies for South Sudanese Nationals - 31/03/2017 - Read 34740 times
- UNICEF - Communication Officer - Juba - 16/07/2012 - Read 23330 times
- South Sudan embassy various vacancies - Washington DC - 11/08/2012 - Read 22236 times