The Programme Support Manager (PRSM) is key to the efficient and effective running of the country programme. This roving, varied and challenging role involves covering support (administrative, base, finance, human, logistics) and programmes gaps (in as much as they do not have further technical requirements) where needed.
Multi-sector relief and rehabilitation programme including: provision of primary and emergency health care, water and sanitation, and non-food items and emergency shelter to assist in reducing morbidity and mortality in vulnerable populations of South Sudan.
Workplace & Conditions
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
Covering programme gaps such as general project management tasks
- Develop, lead, monitor and evaluate the assigned projects. This involves effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, time frame and budget.
- Provide technical support, leadership and strategic direction.
- Manage and train staff to meet quality standards in programme delivery.
- Anticipate, plan, and contribute to the development of new project proposals and reports.
Programme funding - proposal writing support extra capacity
- Provide the Programme Funding Manager (PFM) with support in researching new funding sources, preparing specific bids, proposals and reports for submission to institutional donors as well as donor relationship management and maintenance of appropriate information systems.
- Providing strategic support, monitoring, review and evaluation of Medair programmes, supporting grant coordination.
Roving Project Support Management
- Facilitate cross cutting communications with the programme teams supporting programme strategy through the support functions.
- Supervise financial activities to ensure all cash management needs, reporting deadlines and internal and external audit requirements are met.
- Ensure internal financial controls are in place and that Medair and donor guidelines are followed.
- Oversee human resource activities, supporting line managers as required in areas such as recruitment, induction, training, appraisals, disciplinary action, etc.
- Ensure all national and international legal requirements relating to employment are adhered to, including contracts, statutory deductions, record keeping, etc.
- Provide logistical support to programme staff and field bases, including managing the supply chain, vehicles, assets, IT and communication equipment and the training of logistics staff.
- Ensure accurate and efficient procedures are maintained in logistics, particularly in the areas of procurement, storage and transportation.
- Ensure security procedures are in place, guidelines are kept up-to-date and staff receive relevant security information. This includes reviewing security arrangements on a regular basis, maintaining communication, providing briefings and ensuring the availability of emergency equipment.
- Attend relevant external coordination and security meetings and feedback information, as applicable, to the appropriate managers and staff.
- Reflect the vision and live the values of Medair at all times and especially when interacting with team members and provide them with leadership, advice and support.
- Hold regular team meetings with the assigned staff, reviewing team and individual objectives and ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work.
- Develop and maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with colleagues to ensure they are kept informed of support related activities and requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, local authorities, other NGOs and any other stakeholders, representing Medair and ensuring good co-operation and partnerships.
- Promote and use the Medair e-library, internet, portfolio and other operating procedures, ensuring that all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed.
- Develop and implement systems to improve transparency and to detect and ultimately prevent loss or fraud. Carry-out regular inspections and spot-checks, both on systems and on-going work, to ensure the best use of Medair assets and resources.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Degree in a relevant subject such as Management / Development Studies / Business Administration or in a relevant technical subject.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 5 years of post-qualification management experience in a relevant profession.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferable in a support role.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Dynamic and mature personality, able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritising and delegating as required.
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills.
How To Apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
a) Medair organisational values.
b) Profiles and benefits package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Newer news items:
- UNOPS - Vacancy Announcements- Drivers - Juba, Aweil, Wau - 14/10/2019
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement - Communication for Development Officer (NO-B) FT, Wau, Logistics Officer (NO-A) TA, Bor - 13/08/2019
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement - Education Officers (NO-B) FT, Juba, Cold Chain Officer (NO-B) FT, Juba - 18/07/2019
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement - Health Specialists (NO-C) FT, Juba & Malakal, Health Officer (NO-B) FT, Juba and Programme Officer (NO-A) FT, Juba - 11/07/2019
- Medair - Deputy Logistics Manager - South Sudan - 05/06/2019
Older news items:
- Medair - Deputy Logistics Manager - South Sudan - 05/06/2019
- World Vision - Health Coordinator, Juba - 08/03/2019
- UNICEF Vacancy Announcement - Health Specialist (NO-C) FT, Bor, Health Officers (NO-B), TA, Bor, Malakal & Yei and Cold Chain Officer, NO-A, FT, Juba - 25/02/2019
- UN Volunteers (UNV) opportunity for a Planning Officer in UNICEF LACRO - 15/02/2019
- UNHCR Vacancy Announcement - Assistant Protection Officer (Bor) & Security Associate (Wau) - 15/02/2019
Popular news items:
- Various Posts in UNICEF South Sudan - 01/07/2012 - Read 166512 times
- Vacancy announcement from World Food Programme ,South Sudan Country office - 27/06/2016 - Read 51106 times
- 5 Uinted Nations Volunteers (UNV) Vacancies for South Sudanese Nationals - 31/03/2017 - Read 25524 times
- UNICEF - Communication Officer - Juba - 16/07/2012 - Read 20949 times
- South Sudan embassy various vacancies - Washington DC - 11/08/2012 - Read 19707 times