Support the provision of logistical support to the programme and oversees all the logistical improvements functions in the country programme. This role will cover all logistical functions in the absence of the Country Logistics Manager.
This role is mainly to support, monitor and implement improvements in the country logistics programme. This role will have 20% in country travel responsibilities. It will have minimal cover for other roles in the event the responsible officers are out on leave.
Medair South Sudan is a multi-sector relief programme including: provision of Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene Promotion, Water and Sanitation and NFI & Emergency Shelter distributions across fixed and emergency response locations throughout South Sudan. The goal is to assist in reducing morbidity and mortality in vulnerable communities in South Sudan.
Workplace & Conditions
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
August 2019. Full time, 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
- Based on recommendation from Logistics Manager and senior management, liaise with Logistics officers, PSMs, ERT Logistics Coordinator and PCs in project locations and Juba to improve medair logistical processes where there are bottom necks.
- Ensure audit issues raised from previous audits are implemented across all logistical functions within the country programme.
- Cover for logistic manager as needed especially when Logistics Manager is out on leave. During the time this role covers for Logistic Manager Duties.
- Frequent visits to field locations, ERT and Leer to ascertain the logistical processes are executed according to Medair Global Logistics Manual.
- Report to Logistics Manager areas with consistent failure in logistical processes for guidance and support to improve.
- Serve as one of the main Audit focal point in country to guard and coordinate audit concerns and implementation. Provide oversight on Archiving of documents to support audit process and training respective project location focal points on archiving.
- Continue checking Portfolio, Google Doc, and other Medair programme tool and software platform for accuracy and complete information for procurement, warehouse, equipment, and information for in-country logistics. Report to Logistic Manager on the status of the information. Provide recommendation and improvement plan to improve information in these tools.
- Serve as Asset Management Focal Point for the Country Programme.
- Represent Medair in a positive and professional manner contributing to the continuation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of Medair’s mandate, ethics and values.
- Proactively engage with line managers in areas where there are needs of improvement as well as to ensure good coordination and adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
- Ensure the assistants are adequately trained and, if necessary, create possibilities for capacity building, mentoring and coaching.
- Ensure Medair intranet and other operating procedures and all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed.
- In conjunction with relevant managers and support from Logistics Manager; review, develop and implement (as applicable) logistics systems to improve transparency. Ensure adequate anti-fraud procedures are in place to detect and ultimately prevent loss or fraud. Carry-out regular inspections and spot-checks, both on logistics systems and on-going work, to ensure the best use of Medair assets and resources.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Professional qualification in logistics or training in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Minimum 2 years logistics and management experience in emergency or development context.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the logistics sector.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols.
- Advanced planning, coordination, assessment, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technical understanding of mechanical and communication equipment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of rules, regulations and donor policies governing the regulatory management of procurement rules from US, EU, UN and other agencies.
- Diplomatic, especially for working with authorities and suppliers.
- Strong organisational abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and project management skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Able to cope with basic living conditions.
How To Apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
a) Medair organisational values.
b) Profiles and benefits package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Newer news items:
- UNOPS - Vacancy Announcements- Drivers - Juba, Aweil, Wau - 14/10/2019
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement - Communication for Development Officer (NO-B) FT, Wau, Logistics Officer (NO-A) TA, Bor - 13/08/2019
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement - Education Officers (NO-B) FT, Juba, Cold Chain Officer (NO-B) FT, Juba - 18/07/2019
- UNICEF - Vacancy Announcement - Health Specialists (NO-C) FT, Juba & Malakal, Health Officer (NO-B) FT, Juba and Programme Officer (NO-A) FT, Juba - 11/07/2019
- Medair - Programme Support Manager - South Sudan - 05/06/2019
Older news items:
- Medair - Programme Support Manager - South Sudan - 05/06/2019
- World Vision - Health Coordinator, Juba - 08/03/2019
- UNICEF Vacancy Announcement - Health Specialist (NO-C) FT, Bor, Health Officers (NO-B), TA, Bor, Malakal & Yei and Cold Chain Officer, NO-A, FT, Juba - 25/02/2019
- UN Volunteers (UNV) opportunity for a Planning Officer in UNICEF LACRO - 15/02/2019
- UNHCR Vacancy Announcement - Assistant Protection Officer (Bor) & Security Associate (Wau) - 15/02/2019
Popular news items:
- Various Posts in UNICEF South Sudan - 01/07/2012 - Read 184108 times
- Vacancy announcement from World Food Programme ,South Sudan Country office - 27/06/2016 - Read 55018 times
- 5 Uinted Nations Volunteers (UNV) Vacancies for South Sudanese Nationals - 31/03/2017 - Read 29446 times
- UNICEF - Communication Officer - Juba - 16/07/2012 - Read 22071 times
- South Sudan embassy various vacancies - Washington DC - 11/08/2012 - Read 20729 times