Open letter to President of Republic of South Sudan
H.E Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit
J1, South Sudan
Ref: Request to Appoint the State Governors.
By, Cde Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac
Your Excellency, allow me to express my gratitude and appreciation for partially forming the R-TGONU in fulfillment of the dateline stipulated in the Agreement document. On this juncture, I would further like to pass my greetings to your entire cabinet and all parties to the agreement.
Back to subject matter, I'm requesting your esteemed leadership with your five Vice's President to revisit the agreement in case it has become contemptuous in some parts and have compassion and compromise to form the state government as interstate conflicts, inter communal violence is spreading like a wildfire across the country.
We should look beyond revertalized peace agreement and have a feeling for humanity as leaders,you should avoid self interest and save the lives of your people. Lack of state governors in service has been turned as a fortune for warmongers, perpetrators, and revenge killing as well, cattle rustling as a daily business.
As an SPLM cadre and you being the chairman, I appeal to you to look beyond this agreement and appoint the right people who are well conversant with community issues, well informed academically,politically and socially. Highly skilled and knowledgeable in conflict mitigation between communities and in the back up their minds with nation building agenda.
Mr President, we are approaching a critical time. I believe this nation will survive and exit from this turbulent period to the election period. It is a time we should build up our minds, and change our directions of doing things so that we look presentable, influential, detrimental to our citizens. A gardener who rips a good harvest is the one who makes preparation in the dry season.
South Sudan States can't afford to enter July again without governors Mr President, people are really confused and nobody can find answers to their questions whether agreement is leaking or sealed as expected? Neutrality is part of getting a right solutions to the problems. The likes of Maj.Gen. Mahmoud Solomon Agok and many more other benevolent SPLM cadres should be given a chance to lay foundation before general election approach.
Our call as intellectual youths of Lakes State, SPLM diehard supporters of Gen.Mahmoud Solomon Agok is based on the following reasons.
1. Maj.Gen. Mahmoud Solomon Agok is educated with great skills and intellectual approaches. He is seen as a unifying factor in so many conflicting communities of Lakes State.
2. Mahmoud Solomon Agok is neutral in political mistrust that has been going on in Rumbek. He is neutral to Gok, people of Yirol and Agar respectively. Nobody will influence his leadership to rob others of their rights they deserved.
3. Maj.Gen. Mahmoud is not a corrupt type of a leader who filled his stomach first before the people he served. He has no such records before and will never intend to have in his entire life. Lakes have seen several leaders with their abilities but nobody has embodied qualities of a good leader than Mahmoud.
4. Maj. Gen. Mahmoud Solomon is a man of the people who works collectively with all the authorities at States level without discrimination. He is a calibre who can listen first, easy going and approachable at any time. He is a man who can never meet violence with violence.
5. As the world is currently built on competitive ideas, Gen. Mahmoud Solomon is a great asset to this nation and SPLM is privileged to have and your wisest leadership should put his vast knowledge, skills, and experience to use.
I would like to conclude by saying that this letter shouldn't be viewed as a personal interest but a plain truth that can save Greater Lakes from an ongoing mess and it's lagging behind in development. I look forward to hearing you put into consideration the appeal of the public for this well deserving candidate Mr President.
By, Cde Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac
The SPLM Senior Diehard Political Activist
Citizen of Lakes State
Newer news items:
- Let embrace Peace and Unity to the People of South Sudan (Part 1) - 16/06/2020
- Exodus into the promised land: Peaceful South Sudan ruled by law - 12/06/2020
- Condemnation Message on the concocted media allegation against Hon. Victor Atem Atem - 11/06/2020
- ICC-Indicted Ali Kushayb Surrenders, Transferred to The Hague to Face War Crimes Charges - 09/06/2020
- My personal position on the political differences between Albino Bol's and Gola Boyoi's Camps - 09/06/2020
Older news items:
- Can South Sudan Afford A Total Lockdown? - 02/06/2020
- Accusations Made By Garang Malong Awan On Social Media Against Gen Akol Koor Kuc Are All Counterfeit - 02/06/2020
- Investigative report: South Sudan's military leaders - money laundering, corruption red-flagged - 27/05/2020
- Tarir Makoi and Gola Boyoi's membership in SPLM are questionable - 27/05/2020
- Open Letter to the President of Republic of South Sudan - Citizenry Call On Your Government To Negotiate With Chinese Companies The Inclusion Of Local Engineers & Companies In The Infrastructure Development Of Roads & Bridges In The Country - 25/05/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 69020 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56873 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 35022 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 27005 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24407 times