We are looking for:
A WATER, SANITATION AND HYGIENE COORDINATOR
Country: YEMEN – based in Djibouti (remote for Yemen mission)
Length of contract: 12 months, starting from 1st December 2015
The position: Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will have to design ACF Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) country strategy and contribute to its implementation in order to maximise ACF impact.
More precisely, your main responsibilities will be:
Contribute towards definition and orientation of the planned programming strategy, especially for WASH sector: Analyse problems and solutions from field based operations; define and orient the WASH intervention strategies; ensure consideration of feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies in programming; ensure budget coherence and suitability; write proposals and reports for donor submissions; guarantee the traversal approach of interventions between and with other departments; and ensure monitoring and evaluation findings are incorporated into existing programmes
Supervise the evolution of the humanitarian WASH situation in Yemen: Jointly with other partners, establish surveillance systems in intervention areas to establish trends and needs analysis; analyse monitoring data for WASH programmes; Identify uncovered needs in intervention areas and identify responses; and write technical reports
Design appropriate emergency WASH programmes for the mission: Monitor the evolution of possible crises through early warning indicators; plan or participate in rapid needs assessments; verify rapid assessment findings; plan feasible and appropriate responses; and participate in securing of funding/means through proposals or other mechanisms
Supervise the implementation of WASH programmes in the country: Provide support from concept to evaluation; approve implementation methodology of projects; define intervention areas with support of programme managers; analyse activity reports; ensure appropriate budget expenditures in collaboration with Finance HoD; write field visit reports; identify lesson learnt from programmes; provide support to assessment and evaluations; and provide secondary analysis of assessments.
Support the WASH teams: Participate in recruitment and training of team members; reinforce management of programmes and projects; ensure organisation and internal communication of the teams; support team in field implementations; organise & animate WASH team meetings; and fill gap at field level (in absence of PM)
The applicant :Civil/Water Engineering or other WASH-related technical training with a solid experience in WASH activities in humanitarian context as well coordination experience. You have the ability to provide professional technical advice in a broad range of WASH technical areas, including water sources rehabilitations, sanitation, and hygiene promotion etc.
You have also excellent interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, team player and communication skills. Arabic would be a plus.
Fluent in English is required. Arabic would be a plus.
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective or individual accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please visit our website:
Newer news items:
- UNHCR - Internal/External Vacancy Notice : Assistant Nutrition Officer, NOA ,(PN 10019701), Bunj - 28/11/2015
- OCHA Vacancy Announcement - Position of Data Analyst in Juba Fixed Term - 25/11/2015
- UNICEF Cote D'Ivoire : Consultant - International professional photographer - 17/11/2015
- Democracy International - National Civic Engagement Center Coordinator (For South Sudanese Only) - 12/11/2015
- UNHCR Vacancy Announcements - Internal/External - National Professional Officers (NOA) - 12/11/2015
Older news items:
- Advertisement of Program Assistant (GS-5), Fixed-Term (FT), based in Bor - 10/11/2015
- Sr Financial Management Specialist, Juba - 30/10/2015
- UNHCR Various Vacancy Announcements - Internal/External - 15/10/2015
- Advertisement of WASH Officers (NO-B), Fixed-Term (FT), based in Bentiu & Bor - 09/10/2015
- UNFPA SS Vacancy Announcements - 01 October 2015 - 02/10/2015
Popular news items:
- Various Posts in UNICEF South Sudan - 01/07/2012 - Read 159221 times
- Vacancy announcement from World Food Programme ,South Sudan Country office - 27/06/2016 - Read 49634 times
- 5 Uinted Nations Volunteers (UNV) Vacancies for South Sudanese Nationals - 31/03/2017 - Read 24167 times
- UNICEF - Communication Officer - Juba - 16/07/2012 - Read 20286 times
- South Sudan embassy various vacancies - Washington DC - 11/08/2012 - Read 19374 times