Also, Nhial will hold talks with U.S. Administration official to discuss their support to transform the Sudan People's Liberation Army to a conventional army.
The SPLA, according to the Comprehensive Peace Agreement, is one of two army of the Republic of Sudan. The Southern Sudan government is exerting important efforts to transform the former guerrilla movement to a regular army but this mutation costs a lot to the semi-autonomous government.
The US government allocated this year some US$41 million to help these efforts.
Accompanied by his wife, Paulino Matip will receive medical exams in Rochester, Minnesota, said Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth, head of the mission of southern Sudan government in Washington.
The visiting general is also expected to meet Sudanese communities in the USA.
Newer news items:
- Critical Thinking, the Educated Mind, and the Creation of Critical Societiesâ€¦ - 15/08/2008
- GOSS Liaison Offices abroad are not Diplomatic Missions - 14/08/2008
- STATEMENT OF THE SUDANESE HEADS OF CHURCHES - 13/08/2008
- UDF Leader Says Salva Kiir Can't Win Presidency of Sudan - 13/08/2008
- GOSS Liaison Offices To Be Treated Like Embassies - 13/08/2008
Older news items:
- Who benefits from political divisions within Collo? - 12/08/2008
- Henna Tattoos - Dangerous beauty? - 12/08/2008
- Shilluk Warriors - 09/08/2008
- Event: Pagan Amum Okiech, Secretary General SPLM in London Friday - 09/08/2008
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 62086 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 55631 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 33017 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26455 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23936 times