No farewell words were spoken,
no time to say goodbye, you were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why.
As we look back over time
We find ourselves wondering.....
Did we remember to thank you enough
For all you have done for us?
For all the times you were by our sides
To help and support us .....
To celebrate our successes
To understand our problems
And accept our defeats?
Or for teaching us by your example,
The value of hard work, good judgement,
Courage and integrity?
We wonder if we ever thanked you
For the sacrifices you made.
To let us have the very best?
If we have forgotten to show our
Gratitude enough for all the things you did,
We're thanking you now.
And we are hoping you knew all along,
How much you meant to us.
And when we show our love and gratitude, It's about
Not how did he die, but how did he live?
Not what did he gain, but what did he give?
These are the units to measure the worth of a man as a man, regardless of birth.
Not, what was his church, nor what was his creed?
But had he befriended those really in need?
Was he ever ready, with word of good cheer,
To bring back a smile, to banish a tear?
Not what did the sketch in the newspaper say,
But how many were sorry when he died.
Good men must die, but death cannot kill their Names or Visions.
Newer news items:
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008
- Right agreement produces tremendous result - 07/08/2008
- Olympics-Athletics-Lost-boy Lomong to carry U.S. flag - 07/08/2008
- Appeal for donation of funds for Building Ark Ferry Boat - 07/08/2008
- Job Advertisement - 07/08/2008
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 54703 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 50286 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 31070 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26022 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23524 times