Source: Middle East Online
ADDIS ABABA - Sudan threatened Friday to expel peacekeepers from Darfur if President Omar al-Beshir is indicted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court.
"We are telling the world that with the indictment of our president al-Beshir we can't be responsible for the wellbeing of foreign forces in Darfur," Beshir's advisor Bona Malual told reporters in Addis Ababa.
"After that we may ask them to withdraw from our territory," he added.
Newer news items:
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 57241 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 53736 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 31689 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26159 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23654 times