Source:Catholic Information Service for Africa (Nairobi)
The Catholics of Juba Archdiocese in southern Sudan are preparing to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of in month's time.
Archbishop Lukudu will celebrate 25 years as pastor of Juba on July 31, Bakhita Catholic Radio in Juba reported.
A commission in charge of the celebrations has prepared a prayer for the archbishop to be recited daily throughout the archdiocese, in parishes, prayer centres, schools and religious communities, from June 1 until the day of the celebration. The prayer will be recited at every liturgical celebration before the prayer after Communion.
Meanwhile, pastoral agents are drafting the celebration's program and appoint the respective committees.
Archbishop Paolino Lukudu Loro was born in Luri, Kworijik Sacred Heart Parish, in 1940. He was ordained a priest of the Comboni Missionaries in 1970. In 1974, he became the apostolic administrator of El Obeid and its bishop in 1979.
Archbishop Lukudu has been at the helm of Juba since July 31, 1983, having been appointed on February 19 of that year.
Newer news items:
- History made in the US:Obama claims Democratic victory - 04/06/2008
- SPLM 2nd Convention: Nothing new was achieved - 03/06/2008
- Joint administration for Abyei? - 31/05/2008
- INTERVIEW-U.S. envoy talks of "apocalypse" in Sudan town - 31/05/2008
- Egypt: Investigate Forcible Return of Refugees to Sudan - 31/05/2008
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 54711 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 50301 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 31075 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26024 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23527 times