Tuesday, 27 May 2008
A voluntary cleaning campaign has started in Malakal, the capital of Upper Nile State under the slogan: Keep your town clean.
300 women participate in the campaign following a three week training on how to deal with garbage under the auspices of NDI organization.
The Deputy Director of the Environment Department in Malakal, Peter Nyang, said that the campaign would last for two months.
He said that the health authorities contributed cleaning tools to the campaign, in addition to supervising the work.
Newer news items:
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 59843 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 55008 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32392 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26325 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23790 times