WHERE THEN SHALL I DWELL
By: Ogeryath Oger
The thunder pears my mind and its sound drills my hope. The roaring thunder comes with heavy rains that wash away all my possessions and leaves my hope crippled. Where then shall I dwell.
The rains have transformed into floods, which floods have carried away my descendants and offspring, who were the only hope I had. Where then shall I dwell.
The floods have devastated my farmsteads, the farmsteads on which my stomach relied on to combat hunger; nowadays, the poverty rules and I wear it like my own clothes. Where then shall I dwell.
My land is flooding and weeping from this unpitying crisis. Where else should I turn my head to? Even my aides have been washed away. Where then shall I dwell.
I thought my children have a bright future and hope, but there is no future any more. My grandmothers and grandfathers don’t exist any more. The riddles and old sweet stories have gone with them.
In the flooded land, I hear the cries of the children, disabled masses and elders wailing for help but whom should I help when I am sinking Deep under the waters. Where then shall I dwell.
I thought my race would push me towards my dreams for great life in the days to come, but my race is never promising. Nowadays, I require four legs for deadly race against the floods, since the two legs have left masses dead. Where then shall I dwell.
Oh!!!!! The great gods might have abandoned me to perish. But oh god's spare my children to breathe for better future. Command the floods to carry me away, but not my children. Where then shall I dwell.
Newer news items:
- Behaviour Modification Should Be Part Of Our Project In Building South Sudan - 07/11/2021
- Sudan's Coup: New Report Spotlights Corruption of Military and Security Services - 04/11/2021
- Ancient Africa was heaven - 19/10/2021
- No More Land But Grace - 13/10/2021
- Shelter Afrique urges African Governments to prioritize housing to achieve SDGs - 13/10/2021
Older news items:
- South Sudan And The Unfulfilled Dreams - 10/10/2021
- Bul Community 3rd General Assembly Endorse Maj.Gen John Bol Mayah As The Chairperson - 10/10/2021
- Pakistan Protection Force Unit In Unity State Crown Governor Manytuil With Gift Of Recognition As Part Of Their Tradition - 09/10/2021
- New Report: Banking Reforms Needed to Counter Deep-Seated Corruption Slowing Economic Progress in Sudan - 07/10/2021
- What is Love? - 04/10/2021
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 69685 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56966 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 35232 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 27064 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24451 times