May 22, 2007 (KAMPALA)
Southern Sudan government will build two international airports in two states besides the upgrading of Juba airport, a Sudanese businessman said in here on Tuesday.
The Government of Southern Sudan is to build two international airports to promote business. Mobior Garang de Mobior, the head of the Alkebulan Investments and Promotions, said the airports would be built in Malakal and Rumbek.
Speaking about the business opportunities in Southern Sudan, Mobior, who is the son of the late former First Vice-President, Dr. John Garang, told the reporters that Juba Airport is also being upgraded to international standards, the New Vision reported.
He said Southern Sudan government was revamping infrastructure by building the new Juba Road.
?Business is booming in all the 10 states of Southern Sudan. It is not only in Juba as people think. ?Business is booming in agro-processing, construction, transport, health and sanitation and in the hospitality sector,? Mobior said.
He also handed over a business operating certificate to an Asian businessman, R. Nethyanandaw at Emin Pasha Hotel in Kampala.
Alkebulan is the agent of Southern Sudan ministry of trade and commerce. It assists investors to start up enterprises in Southern Sudan with necessary documentation. It also subsidies transport and accommodation costs and speeds up clearing processes of documents.
Alkebulan directors, Allan Ntagi, Stephen Othieno and Nick Mugira attended the hand over ceremony. Mobior said his government had launched a programme to refurbish the entire old industrial sector including palm oil and textile factories.
He disclosed that Progressive Senior Secondary School wants to venture into the Southern Sudan education system. He invited investors for joint ventures.
Newer news items:
- 2nd All Collo Peace and Development Conference was not a Lie - 10/06/2007
- Address of H.E. Dr. Lam Akol at the 2nd All Collo - 09/06/2007
- I STAND BY WHAT I WROTE - 06/06/2007
- Dilemmas of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) - 29/05/2007
- The Role of Collo Youths in Peace-building and Development - 29/05/2007
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 57019 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 53493 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 31651 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26145 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23646 times