May 15, 2007 (JUBA) ? The SPLM Secretary General praised efforts done by the movement as a ruling party in the south to realize the welfare of citizens in this part of the country. He further said that the ruling party intends to build transparent administration.
The Sudan People?s Liberation Movement Secretary-General, Pagan Amum, today arrived in Juba from a working visit to Australia Victoria state where he met with SPLM chapter and organised rallies to mark the 24th anniversary of the foundation of the movement on 16 May 1983.
On the occasion of this celebration of the 24th birthday, the Secretary General called on the Sudanese people to organize under the leadership of the movement to build a better life, schools, renovate the existing infrastructure and construct more roads in southern Sudan and the three areas under the SPLM administration.
Amum noted that although it has been below expectations of the people, the SPLM led government of Southern Sudan has started doing a lot for the development of the region, and he indicated that so far 2000km of roads had been constructed in southern Sudan.
The Secretary General said that he is delighted that in this year the number of children enrolled in school has doubled.
Amum pointed out that the GOSS is providing life saving medicines to hospitals freely, and he said that the GOSS would rectify the rough health situation in the region.
Amum noted that the Sudanese people are celebrating this anniversary after an agreement has been signed which has brought democratic system of governance and marked the end of totalitarianism in Sudan.
He said that the SPLM is tasked with the challenge to rebuild a country of justice and peace. The Secretary General extended his congratulations to the Sudanese people, the SPLA combatants and members of the SPLM on the 24th anniversary of the birth of the movement.
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- Goat, married to man, dies after having first kid in South Sudan - 17/05/2007
- The Reshuflling of Upper Nile Government - 09/05/2007
- SaveDarfur.org Rally in Omaha Nebraska - 08/05/2007
- South Sudan president reshuffles Upper Nile Government - 06/05/2007
- (South Sudan Poem) Blood is the Sky; Milk is the Atmosphere, and to Earth is the - 04/05/2007
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 57020 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 53499 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 31651 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26145 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23646 times