By: Ogeryath Oger
The skirmishes have torn me down, broken me into pieces, grabbed my hope and left me a pessimistic
The detachment has depressed me, drove me into an unknown world where sharing and togetherness seems to have turned into taboo
Downpours and vengeance have sent me deep into the forests for well-being, together with the birds and animals I live.
Though skirmishes, detachment, downpours and vengeance have taken away my humankind, I still sense the victory of a cohesive South Sudan.
My own neighbours seem to be like strangers nowadays, my brothers call me brother no more, there is no family I belong to as if I am from Mars.
On the roads I feel deep feelings of loneliness, my environment is as silent as a graveyard.
The smiles and laughter are no more, happiness has turned into a commodity that must be bought.
Though my own neighbours have abandoned me, my world though it has been filled with loneliness, though the smiles and laughter are no more, I still sense the victory of a cohesive South Sudan.
Towards the victory and progress were our eyes set for the biggest change, but the nature says to achieve progress and victory we must be united.
To the confrontation against detachment and venomous ideas are my eyes set, through the swamps of the darkness we shall walk through.
But, but within the swamps there are hippos and crocodiles that stand ready to intimidate my life.
Though the hippos and crocodiles are well-prepared to feed on me, I will continue to swim through the swamps because I still sense the victory of a cohesive South Sudan.
My custodians have abandoned me, my dreams are not yet real dreams, the light is not clear and the sun seems to be setting through the day resembling the moon.
The trees on which I am meant to feed on have dehydrated, the swamps are arid and the cows and the goats carry no milk any more
Though my custodians have abandoned me, though the dreams are not real dreams yet, though the trees and the goats have left me with vacant hands, I still sense the victory of a cohesive South Sudan.
Newer news items:
- Congratulatory Message to Lt. Gen. Budhok Ayang Anei Kur on his Appointment as the Governor of Upper Nile State, South Sudan - 19/02/2021
- Letter to the President By The Family Of The Late Hon. Elias Mathuch Mayuot Machuar - 18/02/2021
- Governor Manytuil pays the Arrears of Unity State' Students studies in Bharelgazal University - 17/02/2021
- Through Togetherness We Can Advance Together - 15/02/2021
- The machinery of Doom: An appraisal of the pantribal sodality and state interloping of the Jieng Council of Elders (JCE) in South Sudan - 14/02/2021
Older news items:
- South Sudan is Museveni’s Laboratory of Bad Leadership that Produces Toxic Leaders to Misgovern Blue people - 07/02/2021
- Request for the immediate removal of NILEPET Managing Director Eng. Bol Ring Muorwel (Part 1) - 02/02/2021
- The Solutions To Our Problems Are Well Written In The Musical Book - 01/02/2021
- BREAKING: Fugitive From International Criminal Court Arrested in Central African Republic, Headed to The Hague - 25/01/2021
- UK Foreign Secretary Meets Leaders in Sudan, as Experts Urge Action on Military Capture of Industrial and Economic Sectors - 21/01/2021
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 65981 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56354 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 33987 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26698 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24148 times