Salva Kiir Urges Unity of Southern Sudanese
Tuesday 10 April 2007
The president of Southern Sudan government Kiir said last Sunday, that without the unity among all communities in southern Sudan, the government of southern Sudan could not be able to fully implement the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA).
In fact,he added ,the CPA has brought to southern Sudanese, somehow,little freedom they are today enjoying in Juba, the capital of southern Sudan and other parts of southern Sudan.
Speaking at St. Teresa Cathedral Kator Juba, Kiir said, disunity has been one of the issues that tend to tear southerners apart. However, he said, southern Sudanese should come together to overcome such evil plot.
President Kiir further acknowledged that there has been delay on the side of his government in implementation and delivery of vital services to the people, but assured the congregation that, like the citizens, his government was concerned about whether there is corruption or not.
He said his government would soon fulfill the people?s expectation as they in the government were trying to put strong administrative measures in place that would observe transparent and accountability to the public. Therefore,as a Christian, I need your prayer and advice in governing southern Sudan, remarked President Kiir.
He informed the congregation that GoSS will receive, the coming week, the President of the Republic of South Africa who will arrive Juba on April 11th 2007. Thereafter, it would also receive same week, the President of Uganda and the American Deputy Secretary of State.
Newer news items:
- Mr. Pagan Amum and Dr. Ali Nafi Meeting (Arabic) - 14/04/2007
- UN to repatriate over 1,000 Shilluk and Dinkas from Ethiopia - 14/04/2007
- Upper Nile minister rejects lawmakers decision to sack him - 14/04/2007
- Sudan stresses commitment to peacekeeping agreements with UN, AU - 14/04/2007
- What does Sudan have to do with Iraq, Afganistan, and the Islamic world.. - 12/04/2007
Older news items:
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 61171 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 55393 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32747 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26396 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23865 times