By: Ogeryath Oger
Success is gorgeous to all no matter the age or the position. It is something that all human beings yearn for and desire to achieve always. For years very many people struggle to attain it. But to attain it, you will agree with me that at least one needs to pass or walk through a thorny path first. Not passing through thorns to achieve fiasco because that will be disappointing but to attain success or triumph. South Sudan is the newest country on earth but we are lucky to have got our independence in the world’s modern period fenced with hospitable countries, blessed with treasured resources but as a country how can we achieve political, social and economic success in South Sudan?
Well to achieve success, there is a simple English acronym which famous Singaporean professor Kishore Mahbubani delivered as a secret key to success and the acronym is abbreviated as (MPH) which stands for Meritocracy, Pragmatism and Honesty. So let us go secret per secret.
Meritocracy requires us to select the best people to do the work so that we realize the best desired results for instance if we need to transform and succeed in education, teachers need to be included in educational reforms because they are the best in dealing with education, if it is economy then the economists need to get the opportunity to do the economic reforms and the same steps followed for the rest of the jobs.
Pragmatism enlightens us to never depend on a single ideology. It demands us to use whatever ideology can solve our problem whether socialism or capitalism. As long as it can produce a positive result we can use any. So it doesn’t matter whether the cat is white or black as long as it can catch mice then it is a good cat.
Finally the third secret to attain success is honesty which is the hardest to achieve. We must be honest with ourselves in handling major and minor matters of our country. Appropriate assessment on determining results must be made. Therefore one needs to be positive and give the full transcript of truth regarding a certain task. Honesty, if not implemented, can tear down metallic fences.
So those are the three key secrets to success that is meritocracy, pragmatism and honesty (MPH) if we are prepared to go forward and implement them then we shall have heaven on the earth.
May God bless South Sudan and Africa.
Newer news items:
- A wake up Call for Collo people to explore the option of opting out from South Sudan, why not? - 28/12/2020
- Our Thoughts Have An Incredible Role In Building South Sudan In The Year Ahead (2021) - 28/12/2020
- Freedom of South Sudanese - 26/12/2020
- Public Awareness and a very Merry Christmas - 25/12/2020
- Invest Genuinely In The Children For They Are The Problem Solvers Of Tomorrow - 21/12/2020
Older news items:
- The Mystery Behind Instability And Lack Of Trust In South Sudan - 14/12/2020
- James Deng Wal is a Great Man of Great Achievements: a Rebuttal to the Fake Open Letter of Non Existing Concerned Youth - 14/12/2020
- Where The Presidency Got It Terribly Wrong - 11/12/2020
- South Sudan Needs To Consider Women In Decision Making - 10/12/2020
- Cde Goc Akot Atem is an innocent victim of proxy media war - 08/12/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 68838 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56848 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 34984 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26986 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24397 times