Cde Late John Garang was Born on Saturday 23rd June, 1945; Buk, Wangkulei, Bor, Southern Sudan. One of the Seven Children of Mabior Atem and his Mother Gag Malual Kuol; 5 Sons and 2 Daughters.
By the age of 10, father Mabior Atem Aruai and mother Gag Malual Kuol passed away, leaving Young Garang an Orphan.
In 1953-57: Cde John Garang attended Tonj Elementary School in Current Warrap State
1957-61: in Busere intermediate School
1961-62: at Rumbek Senior Secondary School, interrupted by Anyanya One War
1964-65: Garang Completed Secondary studies at Magamba Senior Secondary School in Tanzania.
1965-69: Enrolled at Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa (USA) earning B.A, Economics
1969: Thomas J.Watson Fellowship Award
1969: Research fellow at the University of Dar Es Salam, (under the Thomas J. Watson fellowship).
1970: he Chose to Join Anyanya movement instead of pursuing graduate studies at the university of California, Berkeley that had granted him rare chance
1972: immediately after the Addis Ababa Accord, he was absorbed into the Sudanese Army from the Anyanya Guerrilla Army with the Rank of a Captain.
From 1974-75: course with Diploma, infantry officers advanced course ( IOAC-7-74), United States Army infantry school, fort Benning Georgia.
1975-1976: instructor, Sudan Military Academy
1976: Married his Soul mate Cde Rebecca Nyandeng. The Current VP Now.
1976-77: Took Command of Battalion 105, Bor
1977: study leave in the USA.
1979: Earned M.A Agricultural Economics, Iowa state University, Ames, Iowa.
1981: Awarded PhD, Economics, Iowa state university, Ames, Iowa. His Doctoral thesis is based on the Jonglei Canal Project.
1982: back in his Military Career, promoted full Colonel, and appointed Deputy Director of Military Research, Army GHQ.
Lecturer, Faculty of Economics, University of Khartoum.
May 1983: left for his hometown of Bor Becoming founding member of SPLM/SPLA months later. The same year he became chairman and Commander-in-Chief, SPLA/SPLM until Death.
9th January 2005, Signed historic Comprehensive Peace Agreement, (CPA) with the government in Khartoum, in Nairobi Kenya.
Friday 8th July 2005, he returned to Khartoum with a record breaking reception.
Saturday 9th July, Sworn in as Sudan's First Vice President and became president of the Autonomous Government of Southern Sudan, (GoSS).
Saturday 30th July 2005, he died in a Helicopter crash at new site, southern Sudan after visiting his comrade, Ugandan president Yoweri Kaguta museveni.
Saturday 6th August 2005, laid to rest in Juba, Southern Sudan after his casket toured new Sudan towns for last public View.
To Conclude, as SPLM Senior Political Activist, this is all about the life history of our Father of the Nation Cde Late Dr. John Garang the Warrior of good Cause.
Cde late Dr. John Garang is Man of no fear, man of no defeat, man of no reasonable doubt, man of no questionable doubt and man of no return back to weakness.
Cde late Dr. John Garang; was a great man, upright and with a remarkable vision for, not only the Sudanese but mankind as a whole; one magnificent deed, irrespective of magnitude, reverberates across the whole realm of mankind correspondingly.
Garang De Mabior cried; " my Boys the Victory of this Nation is Yours!"
Cde late Dr. John Garang Mabior Atem Aruai Oyeee
The Warrior of good Cause
Hero Never Died.
By, Cde Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac
The SPLM Senior Political Activist
Newer news items:
- Eng. Akol Santo Arech is 100% free from malpractices : a rebuttal to the baseless open letter of non existing Concerned Youth - 07/12/2020
- Hon. Paul Mayom Akec on a monstrous campaign for Presidency - 06/12/2020
- Condemnation Statement By Collo Community Leaders in Diaspora - 27/11/2020
- A rebuttal to the baseless incendiary article written against the I.G.P Gen. Majak Akec, published on Sixty 4 Tribes Press - 23/11/2020
- Ethiopia is Atlantis! - undisputed proof - 23/11/2020
Older news items:
- Appointment Of Gen. Johnson Olony Under The SPLM-IO Nomination Automatically Makes Him The Splm-io Nominee & The Member. - 22/11/2020
- Public Updates: The long-awaited moment for the people of Sudan has finally come - 20/11/2020
- Governor Manytuil donated over ten thousand US Dollars to the Unity State's students in Uganda - 20/11/2020
- Keynote Remarks by Dr Lam Akol, Chairman of the NDM, at the Political Leaders Workshop on the Permanent Constitution Making Process in South Sudan, 18 – 19 November 2020, Juba. - 18/11/2020
- Stability in Sudan is our stability here in south Sudan - 16/11/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 68840 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56848 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 34985 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26986 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24398 times