The governor of Unity State, Lt Gen Dr Joseph Manytuil Wejang met with Delegation led by Minister of Water and Irrigation and Egyptian Ambassador to South Sudan on Thursday in his office.
Hon.Manawa Peter Gatkuoth, Amb.Mohamed Kedah plus accompanied delegation left juba to Bentiu,for inspecting River Nile water flow and to open water channel from Lake No up to Wangkei Payam of Mayom County through Naam River, which connected Unity and Warrap State.
Speaking to the media after the meeting,Hon Governor Manytuil thanked the minister of Water and Irrigation and Egyptian Ambassador to South Sudan on the historical visit. Governor Manytuil reiterated his commitments to cooperate with Egyptian government especially in the areas of investment, agriculture and scholarships.
Meanwhile,Hon Manawa Gatkuoth, Minister of Water and Irrigation applauded governor Manytuil's willingness to cooperate and thanked him for restoring peace and development in the State.
On his part, Egyptian Ambassador to South Sudan appreciated the people of Unity State for good hospitality and reception,and assured Hon governor Manytuil the commitment of Egyptian government to support and cooperate with Unity State government on investments and scholarships opportunity .Hon Ambassador also added that,he will provide boreholes, expansion of Bentiu Water Plan Treatment and to build more Ports across the State.
Copyright © 2020 Unity State Gubernatorial Press Unit.
Newer news items:
- S. Sudan Minister of Finance should revoke the unconstitutional dismissal of his office staffs - 25/10/2020
- U.S. To Remove Sudan from State Sponsor of Terrorism List - 19/10/2020
- Duped By Lucifer: The Story Of South Sudan, A Global Security Threat! - 17/10/2020
- Governor Manytuil pledged more than two million South Sudanese Pound to the group of women traders in POCS - 03/10/2020
Older news items:
- Humility is a Characteristic of the Wise: An Open Letter to Joshua Dau - 26/09/2020
- Cleanness of Juba city is everyone's responsibility - 20/09/2020
- Why Gen. Michael Chienjiek Geay deserves reappointment to the ministry of interior? - Part one - 20/09/2020
- Response to Hon. Samson Oyay, Chairman of Chollo Community in Khartoum (18/09/2020) - 18/09/2020
- South Sudan's R-ARCSS: Two years on - 16/09/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 62049 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 55612 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 33007 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26451 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23928 times