By, Cde Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac
The Sudan people's liberation movement, SPLM, was founded on 16th May, 1983, in the Town of Bor as a political arm of the Sudan people's liberation Army, SPLA.
SPLM waged a fierce liberation struggle that is recorded in history as Africa's longest war due to the determination of its citizens that rejected political, ethnic, religious and cultural domination from successive Islamic governments of Sudan.
SPLM is a Democratic, mass political party; it is a nonracial, non religious, non ethnic with its membership open to all south sudanese. The SPLM has accompanied the people of south Sudan through a comprehensive peace Agreement CPA, and witnessed peaceful south Sudan's Referendum that gave birth to an independent Republic of south Sudan, the world's newest Nation on July 9th 2011.
Through its leadership Cde Salva Kiir Mayardit and strong party members, SPLM is committed to peace building, reconciliation, devolution of powers to the grassroots, economic transformation and empowering the skilled citizens to effective service delivery.
Since 2011 the SPLM has become an effective ruling party in the Republic of South Sudan through people's choice that entrusted the party to champion its liberation cause. South sudanese is at the heart of the SPLM operation to realize its liberation ideals.
In Conclusion, SPLM is the People's Party and People's Revolution, why? Because every household in the Republic of South Sudan Contributed both materials and humans to liberate our Country from the Khartoum Regime.
By, Cde Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac
The SPLM senior Political Activist
Newer news items:
- Humility is a Characteristic of the Wise: An Open Letter to Joshua Dau - 26/09/2020
- Cleanness of Juba city is everyone's responsibility - 20/09/2020
- Why Gen. Michael Chienjiek Geay deserves reappointment to the ministry of interior? - Part one - 20/09/2020
- Response to Hon. Samson Oyay, Chairman of Chollo Community in Khartoum (18/09/2020) - 18/09/2020
- South Sudan's R-ARCSS: Two years on - 16/09/2020
Older news items:
- Maj. Gen. Dr Akol Ayii Madut was found innocent by the Economic Crisis Management Committee: A response to Mr. Deng Yel Deng - 15/09/2020
- Why We Need Prof. John Akech Apuruot In The Ministry Of Finance And Planning - 06/09/2020
- Gen. John Akot Maluth of DNPI is a selfless and hardworking Professional Police Officer - 05/09/2020
- Sudan Peace Deal Signed Today by Government and Rebel Groups - 31/08/2020
- Public Disclaimer - Tarir makoi, Spokesperson of SSNYU - 31/08/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 67703 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56644 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 34590 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26853 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24287 times