This article brings out iron lady Veronica Athony Deng's personality traits and complement is organised and full of reliable sources.
By: Brown Akoon Yel Dut, Rum-marial.
The iron lady Veronica Athony Deng is our groovy sister and highly disillusioned. She is an iron lady who has achieved distinction and honor in some field. She has been our peachy young lady who loves us to pursue our studies rather than being receded into an abysmal life like being a phallus of alcoholism which will constitute family neglect and abuse to dissimilar psychology. She is presently a die-hard and loyalist member in the SPLM government without doubts. Before I go through her details bear on your mind that she is very social and easy to stand up and support a new accompaniment regardless of gender, religion, tribe, race and colour. This could be added as an advantage of her sociability in our society. Her membership in the Government of the Republic of South Sudan is commendable and she has been a "line management" in the government. This is what we are correctly called "line success".
These photos above were taken in 2011 when she sat in UCSE during the East Africa Agriculture show in Uganda. It is attended every year by the students who selected agri in senior four. These schools are required to select the best students to attend agriculture shows. By then H.E President Yori Museveni had attended the ceremony and met with iron lady Veronica Athony Deng. Infact according to Buganda customary law, a young girl like her never greets an elder while standing. The iron lady knelt down and showed her hands to greet him. He told her to stand up and greeted him. President Museveni was very titter indeed and advised the iron lady to follow her studies and wished her the best. He told her that you will be throttehold leader in future and I love South Sudanese because H.E President Salva Kiir Mayardit is my best friend.
Veronica Athony’s strength comes from her deep attachment to God and her total and unconditional dependence on His love. She had to face many difficulties and even much opposition. Yet she remained always faithful to her initial inspiration and God-given charism. This was very obvious in matters of poverty and the way she wanted it to be lived by her group. They people recounted to me how often she would be offered grants and funds for her congregation in Church. This she invariably refused invoking her wish to remain ‘as free as a bird’ and depending totally on manifestation of God's foresightful care for his creatures rather than on human security.
What always struck me was the deep and inner peace with which she would accept all events, whether pleasant or unpleasant. For her “Holiness is to open one's hands and receive what Jesus gives and give what Jesus takes, with a smile.” This I found her actually living in so in any small and bigger issues. So in my previous article concerning her, I jotted her work experience and in this article I would like to add her experience in community service and as a state level membership.
National (South Sudanese Public Level Membership):
Member, Youth Allied for Leadership and Development in Africa, USIS, Nairobi, Kenya, 2013-Present
Member, Youth and Women Society for Democracy in South Sudan, 2013-Present
Member, Dinka Community, Nairobi, Kenya, 2012-Present
Campaign Team Secretary for The Alliance for Transformation, South Sudanese Students Association in Kenya (SSSAK), Nairobi, Kenya, Upcoming Elections, 2013
Council Member, Bahr el Ghazal Youth Union, Nairobi, Kenya, 2012-2013
Deputy Secretary, South Sudanese Student Union, Kiboko, Kampala, Uganda, 2009-2010
Deputy Ambassador, Southern Sudanese United Students’ Association at District Level, Kampala, Uganda, 2009-2010
Chairlady, Southern Sudanese United Students’ Association at School Level, Kampala, Uganda, 2009-2010
Health Prefect, Nile High Secondary School, Kampala, Uganda, 2008-2009.
Local (State Level Membership):
Secretary, Legal and Constitutional Affairs, AYA, Nairobi, Kenya, 2012-2013
Chairlady and Administrator, Aweil Youth Forum, 2013-Present
Member, Tieraliet Youth Development, Aweil South Worldwide, 2012-Present
Deputy Speaker, Aweil Youth Association, Nairobi, Kenya, 2011-2012
Chairlady, Aweil Community Association, Kampala, Uganda, 2010-2011
Minister of Women Affairs, Aweil United Students ‘Association, Kampala, Uganda, 2009-2010
However, in all her simplicity iron lady Veronica is indeed an intelligent, humanly and spiritually prudent and wise lady. She has a clear mentation vision of all things and situations. She interpreted reality from an intellection point of view and took her decisions in view of that. Her intellectual wisdom would blend beautifully with consideration for persons and their needs, as well as the protection of her family. Personally I wisely noted: "Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary."
Newer news items:
- Message of understanding - Candidate to be appointed as Governor of lakes state - 29/06/2020
- Appreciation to Ambassador of Japan Seiji Okada - 26/06/2020
- Let embrace Peace and Unity to the People of South Sudan (Part 3 & 4) - 25/06/2020
- Court Case of Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac vs South Sudan National Youth Union Extended to 23/07/2020 - 25/06/2020
- Paper: The Role Of Youth In Sports And Development In South Sudan - 24/06/2020
Older news items:
- Public information from Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac - 19/06/2020
- Let embrace Peace and Unity to the People of South Sudan (Part 2) - 17/06/2020
- Let embrace Peace and Unity to the People of South Sudan (Part 1) - 16/06/2020
- Exodus into the promised land: Peaceful South Sudan ruled by law - 12/06/2020
- Condemnation Message on the concocted media allegation against Hon. Victor Atem Atem - 11/06/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 59608 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 54927 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32341 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26313 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23783 times