By: Keluel Agook
Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac was grabbed away by the national security personnel who accompanied Gola Boyoi at Thongpiny using the union's office car to pick the accused. The accused should have been handled by the police but with high interference from the national security agents with authority of Boyoi they made their mission of kidnapping the young man in disguise of the police warrant of arrest.
If the young man is not released then we shall render the Union illegitimate anytime from now.
Other narratives from different people, below.👇👇
I think the Youth Union has overstepped its authority and assumed the role and responsibility of the police- the arresting authority.
The Youth Union has no legal prerogative and authority to announce the arrest of Mr. Meen Gabriel Chol. Neither does the Youth Union has a power to inform The family of the accused and announce his whereabouts.
The announcement of arrest and a message to Mr. Meen Gabriel Chol’s family of whereabouts are solely the role and responsibility of the police- the arresting authority not the role and responsibility of the complainant - the Youth Union.
In this regard, the Youth Union is in contempt of the law and violated the privacy of Mr. Meen in every angle.
Therefore, if what we have in this country is a credible legal system, the Youth Union would have been brought in for questioning or this case be thrown out, period. The law is not one-sided and no one is above it. The Youth Union needs to be held to account too.
Also, the Youth Union is incriminating itself by saying that it’s not acting in “behest” of someone. Legally, that statement alone is telling and suspicious.
Yes, it is true that the Youth Union would announce that it has opened a case against Mr. Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac but the arrest and message to his family of his whereabouts is for the police.
Newer news items:
- Can South Sudan Afford A Total Lockdown? - 02/06/2020
- Accusations Made By Garang Malong Awan On Social Media Against Gen Akol Koor Kuc Are All Counterfeit - 02/06/2020
- Investigative report: South Sudan's military leaders - money laundering, corruption red-flagged - 27/05/2020
- Tarir Makoi and Gola Boyoi's membership in SPLM are questionable - 27/05/2020
- Open Letter to the President of Republic of South Sudan - Citizenry Call On Your Government To Negotiate With Chinese Companies The Inclusion Of Local Engineers & Companies In The Infrastructure Development Of Roads & Bridges In The Country - 25/05/2020
Older news items:
- Meteorologist carryout research on Juba - Bhar El Ghazal Road construction Project - 24/05/2020
- Prayer to our president Salva Kiir Mayardit - 23/05/2020
- My personal legal opinion on the defamation case of South Sudan National Youth Union v. Meen Gabriel Chol kuac, 2020 - 22/05/2020
- Junubin misconceptions believes On corona virus In South Sudan - 19/05/2020
- Condemnation Message - Apuk Youth Union in Wau - 15/05/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 59666 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 54961 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32347 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26316 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23784 times