By Baak Chan Yak Deng, Wau South Sudan
Apuk Youth Union in Wau
Upon the incident that happened yesterday early in the morning at around 5:00 am South Sudan local time Date 14th May 2020, at Mayen-jur of Apuk-giir Thiik by Nuer Militia groups said to be part of Puljang have launched a violent attack against civilians of Apuk particularly at Mayen-jur, Ameeth-nhom leaving Twelve (12) people dead and four (4) others wounded.
However, the attackers looted the properties and driven away some thousands herd of cattle, all houses totally burnt to ash and many civilians forced to flee their homes (displaced) without food, shelter and water. This is not the first violent, there have been several attacks against civilians this year by the same armed Nuer groups at the Toch site.
The body of Apuk Youth Union in Wau strongly condemns this violent in any term possible.
Therefore, we the Youth Union of this community have called the Government intervention to ease the situation in term of Security to allow the quick assessment for NGOs.
We also invite NGOs and UN Agencies to provide any necessary support like food, shelter water and NFIs to the Children, elderly of the affected population.
Finally, we call for the Government, R-JMEC, IGAD, CTSAMVM, and UNMISS to investigate the killing of these innocent civilians since we know the Country is at Peace.
Newer news items:
- The National Security Service Personnel, the designated Chair of the National Youth Union has sued the young man to the court in Juba - 24/05/2020
- Meteorologist carryout research on Juba - Bhar El Ghazal Road construction Project - 24/05/2020
- Prayer to our president Salva Kiir Mayardit - 23/05/2020
- My personal legal opinion on the defamation case of South Sudan National Youth Union v. Meen Gabriel Chol kuac, 2020 - 22/05/2020
- Junubin misconceptions believes On corona virus In South Sudan - 19/05/2020
Older news items:
- SPLM In Government (SPLM-IG)’s intransigence on the allocation of the States - 14/05/2020
- I Won't Halt Applauding To Amb. Veronica Athian Lawrence Lual Lual Akuei For Being A Golden Woman In Our Country - 14/05/2020
- A response to the mere allegations concerted by Mayom Paul Abol Lok against our respected national minister of interior Hon. Paul Mayom Akech - 13/05/2020
- The leaked report on the embezzlement of Youth's Funds by Gola Boyoi Gola (Part One) - 13/05/2020
- The capitulation and Demise of Dr Riek Machar: What it portends for the opposition - 13/05/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 58705 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 54652 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32041 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26252 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23734 times