By Cde Meen Gabriel Chol Kuac
In April, 2020, the imposed chairperson of South Sudan National Youth Union Gola Boyoi Gola and his close inner circles including his Information Secretary Mr. Tarir Makoi Ateer, secretly met with the Chairperson of SPLM Dr. Riek Machar Teny in the Pyramid Hotel. In that meeting, Dr. Riek Machar Teny frankly told Gola and his delegation that he doesn't recognize the current leadership of South Sudan National Youth Union because all the delegates to the union are composed of the members of SPLM IG only. Dr. Riek Machar gave Gola two conditions either for Gola to dissolve the council or include the members of SPLM IO youth league into the executives and council. Gola Boyoi was left with no option but to agree to the demands of Riek Machar. Below is the response from Gola to the demands of Riek Machar Teny.
1. Mr. Gola Boyoi Gola promised Riek Machar that he would be recruiting 20 members of SPLM IO youth league into every specialized committee of SSNYU.
2. Gola Boyoi told Dr. Riek Machar that he would not be able to dissolve the council and executives of SSNYU directly by himself but he would request the chairperson of SPLM IO Youth League Mr. Puot Kang Chol to write a petition to the Vice President for Youth Cluster, calling for the urgent dissolution of the current SSNYU. From there, Gola Boyoi and his close associates went to the office of Puot Kang Chol and requested him to write a petition to the Vice President for Youth Cluster H.E Nyandeng Garang. The chairperson of SPLM IO Youth league immediately wrote a petition to H.E Rebecca Nyadeng Garang , for the dissolution of the SSNYU. The petition of the SPLM IO Youth league is currently in the office of Rebecca Nyadeng Garang pending the implementation.
Dr. Riek Machar was very happy with the response and assured Gola and Tarir Makoi that there are many rooms in mighty SPLM IO. Dr. Riek Machar then released an amount of $ 150,000 to Gola Boyoi for Covid 19 awareness. Gola and Tarir Makoi plus other trusted executives who were in the meeting, divided $ 150,000 among themselves without carrying out the awareness on Coronavirus. Another mistake is that Gola and Tarir Makoi failed to inform the councillors and some other members of executive about these $ 150,000. Up to now, the councillors and some executive members are unaware of the $ 150,000 being illegally diverted by Gola and his trusted good boys.
Therefore, as a chairperson of 40% silent majority, I am here by condemning the illegal move taken by Gola Boyoi and Tarir Makoi to corrupt the resources of our youth within a short period. In addition, I am also calling on all the youth of South Sudan both intellectuals and members of civil society to stand up and loudly condemn these corrupt malpractices being practiced by Gola Boyoi and his close circles.
South Sudan National Youth Union isn't a friendship/business institution. It is a public institution that belongs to all of us. We will never allow one man or two men to corrupt our resources in broad daylight. Let's join our hands to dislodge these gangs from the South Sudan National Youth Union.
Newer news items:
- SPLM In Government (SPLM-IG)’s intransigence on the allocation of the States - 14/05/2020
- I Won't Halt Applauding To Amb. Veronica Athian Lawrence Lual Lual Akuei For Being A Golden Woman In Our Country - 14/05/2020
- A response to the mere allegations concerted by Mayom Paul Abol Lok against our respected national minister of interior Hon. Paul Mayom Akech - 13/05/2020
- The leaked report on the embezzlement of Youth's Funds by Gola Boyoi Gola (Part One) - 13/05/2020
- The capitulation and Demise of Dr Riek Machar: What it portends for the opposition - 13/05/2020
Older news items:
- Puot Gatduel shouldn't blame Gen. Taban Deng for the political failure of his Boss ( Dr. Monytuil) - 02/05/2020
- Pending Appointment Of Hon Agel Ring Machar Into Gubernatorial Post Will Support Peace building To Warrap Community - 28/04/2020
- Hon. Agel Machar Ring Is The Right Upcoming Governor To Run Gubernatorial Post Of Warrap State - 20/04/2020
- Riek! It is mischief. Says Captain Mabior Garang De Mabior - 16/04/2020
- Abyei Independence Army (Abyei Mission) forgot their objective and mission while loafing food in the street. - 16/04/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 58706 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 54652 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32041 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26252 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23734 times