H.E Gen. Taban Deng Gai ( file photo)
By Deng Gatpan Wan, Mayom County, Unity State
On Date 16th of March 2020, a former office manager to the former governor of the defund Northern Liech state Mr. Puot Gatduel hopelessly and shamelessly took to the social media, accusing the current Vice President for infrastructure H.E General Taban Deng Gai of supporting Gen. Riek Bim Top for the Unity State gubernatorial post. He further impudely described Gen Taban Deng Gai as a threat to the national unity in South Sudan and Unity State in particular.
Dear readers, Mr Puot Gatduel was influenced by the external agents to falsely attack our peace loving Vice President without even knowing what he was saying. First of all, it is unfortunate for Mr Puot Gatduel to describe Gen. Taban Deng as a threat to the national unity when he himself ( Puot) is enjoying the peace being achieved by Taban Deng. Sincerely speaking, without Gen. Taban Deng Gai, there would have been no Revitalised Agreement on the resolution of conflict in the Republic of South Sudan. What Cde Pout Gatduel should take into account is that the Revitalised Peace Agreement ( R_ARCISS) is a product of the Compromised Peace Agreement of 2015. Who implemented the Compromised Peace Agreement? The answer is Gen. Taban Deng. Gai.
Since Gen. Taban Deng Gai is a peace loving leader, he remained behind in 2016 to implement the Compromise Peace Agreement with his excellency Gen Salva Kiir Mayardit. As a result, the peace and stability began to prevail in the Republic of South Sudan since 2016 and this can be acknowledged by any reasonable citizen across the country. The current peace and stability which we are enjoying including Cde Pout Gatduel was achieved through the efforts of H.E Gen. Taban Deng Gai. I chose the above title " H.E Gen. Taban Deng Gai is a symbol of peace and unity in South Sudan'' because he managed to unite the citizens of South Sudan through the implementation of the compromised agreement.
On the issue of Brig Gen Riek Bim Top and other lobbyist groups for the Unity State gubernatorial position, Mr Pout Gatduel needs to be informed that Unity State is neither a kingdom nor a chieftaincy. He should not be surprised to see Riek Bim and other sons of Unity State lobbying for the position of governorship. Every son and daughter of Unity State is entitled to be a governor, Commissioner or any other political position regardless of his or her clan/ family background. So H.E Gen Taban Deng Gai has nothing to do with Unity State politics. He is neutral in the political affairs of Unity State. He is a Vice President of the Republic of South Sudan and has nothing to do with any state politics.
As a son of Mayom County, I advise Cde Pout Gatduel and his boss to continue lobbying for the gubernatorial position and not to innocently point hands towards their fellow brothers. All of us are for peace and unity in Unity state and South Sudan in general. We should prepare ourselves to work and cooperate with anyone who will be appointed as a governor of our State. Let's forget about the past and open a new page.
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- South Sudan Unity Self-Government full of corruption and Nepotism - 14/03/2020
- Nyuak Community Development USA Interim Team set second reunion for April 25-26, 2020 - 23/02/2020
- Report - Fertilizer Deals and Loan Scams in Sudan Linked to Former Bashir Regime Insiders - 20/02/2020
- Choose between peace and many States - 06/02/2020
- The Pain of our Choice: Western Lakes State and the Communal Conflicts - 04/02/2020
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 60277 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 55128 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32513 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26347 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23816 times