By Deng Akok Muoradid
Twic Bol Nyuol nicknamed Twic Mangardit is a peaceful Community known for its hospitality, peacefulness, togetherness, cooperation and hardwork. This community was part of Gogrial County in 1980S before it was given its own county called"Twic County" with its headquarters in Turalei Town. Following the creation of ten states, Twic County was administered under Warrap State. Twic county consisted of six payams namely Turalei, Wunrok, Paannyok, Akoc, Aweng and Ajak Kuac with headquarters in Turalei. The people of Twic Community were living in peace with strong cooperation and togetherness
In 2015, president Kiir dissolved ten states and created 28 states. He upgraded Twic County to a state with its headquarters in Mayen Abun instead of Turalei Town. The creation of Twic State with headquarters in Mayen Abun was strongly opposed by majority of the community members. The controversial issue of state capital compelled the community members to divide themselves on the basis of clans thus resulting into total fragmentation of the community. Good enough, our peace loving president openly stated that he was misled by one of the politicians within Twic Community and he immediately directed the previous governors and the current governor to solve the issue of state capital. The previous governors failed in their capacities to do what is expected by the president.
Up to date, the issue of state capital is still a threat to the unity of Twic Mayardit. This controversial issue has resulted in the complete loss of unity, togetherness, cooperation, development and peace. The members of Twic Community are identifying themselves on the basis of their respective clans because of the continuous misunderstanding over the state capital.
In December 2019, the issue of the reduction of states vocal in the social media. The information that had reached the social media alleged that Twic State is one of the nine states to be cancelled and re annexed to their previous states. As a concerned and peace loving son of Twic Mayardit Community, I welcome the reduction of the states because it would be better to return back to Warrap or Gogrial State where we will be exercising unity, togetherness, peace and cooperation then living in fragmented Twic State.
Newer news items:
- Why youth of Gogrial State called for the removal of Mr. Victor Atem Atem from the throne - 07/01/2020
- Dr. Olympio Atipoe, the victim of fighting tamed corruption in South Sudan - 05/01/2020
- The myths of South Sudan socio-politics - 30/12/2019
- Enough Project Lauds Investigation by Sudanese Government into Crimes Committed in Darfur by Former Bashir Regime - 23/12/2019
- Hon. Ajok Wol Atak Diing is a brawny and unforgettable mother in South Sudan - 18/12/2019
Older news items:
- Why Should We Considers Ambassador Veronica Athian Lawrence Lual As A More Generous woman In The Nation? - 16/12/2019
- The dirty politics of South Sudan puts its oar in St. Teresa's affairs - 16/12/2019
- U.S. Sanctions Senior South Sudanese Officials - Sentry Lauds Action - 16/12/2019
- Statement: US Should Accelerate Process to Remove Sudan from Terrorism List - 13/12/2019
- BREAKING: U.S. Sanctions Individuals Linked to Killing of South Sudan Human Rights Activists Dong Samuel and Aggrey Idri - 10/12/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 58703 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 54652 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32041 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26252 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23734 times