By John Jur Chol
As South Sudan National Youth Union second convention unveiled on the 9th/12/2019, Youth should carry-on with free and fair elections as a Christmas gift for the 72% demographic data of the population of South Sudan in this festive season.
South Sudanese youth shouldn't elect someone whom they will regret later on, It's time for youth to support the agenda of a capacitated youth leader who will represent youth of South Sudan globally.
Delegates to the second convention should stop and disregard the propaganda being spread by the supporters of certain candidate (Name withheld) that he is the one representing the government ( Government and SPLM flag bearer as the say).
This is a big NO because as far as youth leadership is concerned and for us to call this a free and fair Democratic process, All the seven candidates are all coming to represent the will of the youth and protect the tarnished image of South Sudan as a country by some politician but not a Union that will come and implement the agenda of some politicians, We have already witnessed this in the previous union and ENOUGH is ENOUGH there. (Opps! May God prohibit the Continuity of part Two of the previous union).
We want a union that will protect the interest of youth, and to defense youth when need be. We have some youth now who are suffering under the hand of the politicians, some of them are now being imprisoned in the cells without lawful charges and most of the educated (Graduated) youth doesn't get access to employment because of rampant nepotism and tribalism in all government institutions and NGOs and other female youth are sexually abused in order for them to get access to the labor market and there has been no any youth leader who stood out loud to call for an end to such practices.
Bravos to the six candidate despite their political pregnancy, who stood out loud and clear and cristally called for conducting free and fair elections in a democratic process. This is quite commendable and it had clearly shown that they are willing to represent the interest of youth regardless of their political affiliations.
Supporters of Gola took this and made it as an advantage for confusing the delegates that they are earning the support of the government but that is a mere assumption and a propaganda too instead they are earning the support of specific individual within the National security and that's nothing but their political Godfather.
We should make alliance based on ideas but not on the parties because one day parties may disappear but the ideas remains.
The delegates themselves are intellectuals, they can decide in a free and fair election.
Having digest and analyzed the manifestoes of all the seven candidates, I found out that there is nobody but only Moulana Deng Gai Gatluak that had what it takes that can lead the youth of South Sudan in an efficient manner and not this National security moulded candidates. Youth should be driven by ideas and not by their tribes or political affiliations.
I therefore call upon the delegates to the second convention of South Sudan National Youth Union to Vote for Moulana Deng Gai Gatluak. He has a distinct personality and I think he can be a better option for the youth of South Sudan across the country.
To some one who is not here may ask about who Deng Gai is, Here is how I can answer him/her.
His Slogan is, "Unity in Diversity Sustainable Peace and Nation Buildings "
Components of nation building ...is
DEVELOPMENT, It can be social, political or Economic development.
When given the chance, he will be an advocate for youth empowerment as he is doing now in the national dialogue on the basis of youth representation. and that's the kind of leader we want, the leader who leads by example.
Nevertheless, he will also do so by creating Entrepreneurial projects that will make the young people to be self reliance and that can be a source of employment to other youth.
He will create youths capacity building as one of his programs, And how can he do that? This is actually about Vocational training ,which are in other words skills development so when he empower young people and train them with different skills so that youth can engage themselves in carpentry And others, Youth can engage themselves in training that will actually realise the potentials as young people of south this nation .
Moreover, He will establish a national youth union structures in States and building of national youth union office here in Juba when given a chance, This is because at the moment the office is operating on the street. Through councils and the executives we will advocate to make sure the national youths union's office was established in the Republic of South Sudan, JUBA.
To add on, The other issue is the implementation of youth enterprise development funds as stipulated
If you look at the revitalize agreement chapter 4 , about resources ,economic and financial management. Article 4:1 actually talks about new INSTITUTIONS and one of this new institution is actually the student's welfare FUNDS and the other issue under article. 4:15 is enterprise development funds. And one of this enterprise development funds in revitalizing agreement is actually the youths development funds which when established will bring more youths in.
How will he realized all this?
He will realize this by advocating for passage of South Sudan Youth Development Policy (SSYDP) that's now at the second reading stage in Parliament. We believe that it's the only tool through which youth independent be attained.
Lastly , Ladies and gentlemen, Having highlighted the about programs, its high time for the youth of this country more especially delegates to the second convention to vote for Moulana Deng Gai Gatluak.
Newer news items:
- U.S. Sanctions Senior South Sudanese Officials - Sentry Lauds Action - 16/12/2019
- Statement: US Should Accelerate Process to Remove Sudan from Terrorism List - 13/12/2019
- BREAKING: U.S. Sanctions Individuals Linked to Killing of South Sudan Human Rights Activists Dong Samuel and Aggrey Idri - 10/12/2019
- Defending kleptocrat is like defending devils before God, Response to the skeptical article of Peter Wek Ayom Wek - 08/12/2019
- MY RESPONSE TO UNITED NATIONS IN SOUTH SUDAN GOING OUT FROM THEIR BOUNDARIES PROTECTIONS - 06/12/2019
Older news items:
- Response to the claim that South Sudan violence is political and not ethnic by Archbishop, Rev. Daniel Deng Bol - 17/11/2019
- Our education system need a reform - 12/11/2019
- Statement of Prof Dr. John Akec should not be twisted politically - The case of Press Secretary to the President Ateny Week Ateny - 09/11/2019
- Hon Ajok Wol Atak: Can Woman Make The World More Peaceful And Hold The Key To A Peaceful Society? - 09/11/2019
- Arrest of Gogrial state Youth leaders - 09/11/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 57115 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 53601 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 31670 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26154 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23649 times