By: John Jur Chol Dhuol
Since the last 24 hours, social media has gone viral over the mistranslation of a statement which was expressed by the VC. Of The University of Juba Prof.Dr. John Akec on the funeral rite of Late Gen: Anthony Bol Madut in juba on Saturday in which one of the respected journalist based on his competency and accurate reporting and on his adherence to Media ethic and whose name I have withheld for some reasons and I quote what he quoted from Professor Dr. John Akec, in which he(VC) said, '' If presidency was to be given anyhow, I would have asked president Kiir to give me the presidency for three days and I would do something tangible that will be seen by South Sudanese''
I later proved this statement as authentic the way I quoted it above after being requoted again on the same way on Sunday evening by Hon. Ateny wek Ateny the presidential press secretary on the occasion of honoring the president of the Republic H.E. Gen: Salva Kiir Mayardit for signing the revitalize agreement on the resolution of conflict in the Republic of South Sudan signed last year on the 21/sept/2018 in Khartoum. The function that was organized by Gokrial State coordination office in Juba in collaboration with Gokrial state institutes and Higher institutions students associations in Juba.
Based on the above quotes, I would like to beg to disagree and appeal to Hon. and his other Jack of all trades based on the following.
First and foremost,
little did I come to learn that you couldn't distinguish between someone looking for a presidency and someone making what is called a 'conditional statement' in English language and I would like to Educate Moulana Ateny Wek though I am not worthy to do so but situation compiled me. The Conditional sentences or statement in its literal meaning and what the dictionary provides is that, ''A conditional sentence is a sentence that expresses a condition. A condition is something that can only happen IF something else occurs. A conditional sentence contains an independent clause and a dependent clause that almost always begins with “IF” and this had been done so as I quote it from you yesterday at freedom hall not that Akec is looking for the post of Presidency, a 'Red line' case that most of you people used to say.
This statement is not worth twisting at all because you are the nearby person to the president and if you and your team twist this statement, it may affect us in anyway here at the compass.
Furthermore; We, the students of the University of Juba are standing behind Dr. John Akec to stay in that position of VC of the University of Juba at least for some time in order for us the sons and daughters of the ordinary and poor people to further our education for some times the same way you are looking for the stability of south Sudan there in the presidency such that you stay there for awhile in your positions.
Secondly, As a citizen of this country, Prof.Dr. John Akec has his constitutional rights to express his opinion and be heard by our politicians as a citizen of this Nation as stipulated in our constitution.
Equally important, Prof. Dr. John Akec is a man of high integrity, Ethical values and moral character who doesn't tolerate nonsense not that he may run to the UK with the position as proclaimed by the press Secretary Ateny wek Ateny in the aforementioned occasion but that he may do the right things the citizens need in this country.
More importantly, His statement shouldn't be twisted by the enemies of progress because they will use it as an opportunity of disconnecting him from his boss who is President Salva Kiir.
Thirdly, His statement could be analyzed in the angle of under development in the country and the state of continued economic depreciation and War that is affecting us in the country and to my other view, Prof. Dr. John Akec is a type of a leader who doesn't tolerate rubbish under his watch. Thus , his wish means that he would use Presidential powers to get rid of wrong elements around President Salva Kiir.
The bible says, ''Tell the truth and the truth shall set you free'' I would like to say that Prof.Dr. Akec Aporuot is doing a tremendous job to change the image of our University now people should not create something that will bring commotion and mistrust between him and the president and( May God probit that) not to happen .
Newer news items:
- Defending kleptocrat is like defending devils before God, Response to the skeptical article of Peter Wek Ayom Wek - 08/12/2019
- MY RESPONSE TO UNITED NATIONS IN SOUTH SUDAN GOING OUT FROM THEIR BOUNDARIES PROTECTIONS - 06/12/2019
- Youth Should Wake UP and vote for a leader in the second national youth union convention - 04/12/2019
- Response to the claim that South Sudan violence is political and not ethnic by Archbishop, Rev. Daniel Deng Bol - 17/11/2019
- Our education system need a reform - 12/11/2019
Older news items:
- Hon Ajok Wol Atak: Can Woman Make The World More Peaceful And Hold The Key To A Peaceful Society? - 09/11/2019
- Arrest of Gogrial state Youth leaders - 09/11/2019
- The Formation Of TGNU Will Meliorate the Economy In South Sudan - 30/10/2019
- Molana Deng Gai Gatluak: A Right Candidate for the Presidency of S.S.N.Y.U - 27/10/2019
- New Report by The Sentry Details Impact of Sanctions in Sub-Saharan Africa - 24/10/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 54817 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 50417 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 31101 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26029 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23535 times