The governor of Gogrial state, Victor Atem Atem, (filed image)
By Morris K. William
Gogrial State youth leaders and Intellectuals were reportedly arrested by the security of Gorgrial State governor during a state honouring ceremony in Juba on Sunday at Freedom hall.
Speaking to Agamlong National Daily Newspaper on phone yesterday, Augustino Agany Achuil, the Secretary General of Gogrial state Youth Union, said that the Gogrial State governor organized an honouring ceremony which he called a trap to arrest the leaders of Gogrial State Youth Unions, Community Youth leadership and Spokesperson of Gogrial State Intellectuals’ Organization, he added that Albino Kuek Deng was beaten and tortured. Agany also said that the reason behind the illicit arrest yesterday at Freedom Hall in Juba is not known.
According to an eyewitness who preferred anonymity said that, “We were just told to get out of the car and the others arrested today at Freedom Hall and until now I don’t know why they were arrested.”
All efforts tried to reach the Gogrial State Minister of Information was futile, Among leaders who were arrested were; Dr. Tur Bol, the chairperson of Gogrial State Youth Union-Kuajok, Mrs Nella Achuek Mabior, chairperson of Gogrial State Youth Union-Juba, Mr. Majok Wol Chairperson of Aguek-Kuei Youth Union, Mr. Anei Arop Anei, Chairperson of Apuk Youth Union and most members GOSIO.
“These arrest is undermining the right of freedom of expression in the country,” Gogrial State Intellectual’s Organization Chairperson said.
Newer news items:
- Youth Should Wake UP and vote for a leader in the second national youth union convention - 04/12/2019
- Response to the claim that South Sudan violence is political and not ethnic by Archbishop, Rev. Daniel Deng Bol - 17/11/2019
- Our education system need a reform - 12/11/2019
- Statement of Prof Dr. John Akec should not be twisted politically - The case of Press Secretary to the President Ateny Week Ateny - 09/11/2019
- Hon Ajok Wol Atak: Can Woman Make The World More Peaceful And Hold The Key To A Peaceful Society? - 09/11/2019
Older news items:
- The Formation Of TGNU Will Meliorate the Economy In South Sudan - 30/10/2019
- Molana Deng Gai Gatluak: A Right Candidate for the Presidency of S.S.N.Y.U - 27/10/2019
- New Report by The Sentry Details Impact of Sanctions in Sub-Saharan Africa - 24/10/2019
- How Do I Deal With Insults And Put-downs, Timeless Advice On Dealing With Insults - 16/10/2019
- Juba-Bahr-el-Ghazal Road Construction Contract Survives a Breach - 15/10/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 54716 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 50316 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 31076 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26024 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23527 times