Deng Gai Gatluak ( file photo)
By Deng Akok Mouradid
Molana Deng Gai Gatluak, the current candidate for the presidency of South Sudan National Youth Union has a visible capacity and capability to unite all the divided youth of South Sudan for nation building. He is a man of action who always implement the promise. He has a dream of transforming and reforming the National Youth Union through youth mobilization for sustainable peace and development. South Sudan National Youth Union needs a lot of changes and these changes can be realized by a real patriot like Deng Gai Gatluak.
Youth constitute 75 percent of total population according to the 2010 national population census. However, the youth are facing a number of challenges ranging from illiteracy, joblessness, poverty. Not only that, they have been divided along the tribal basis by power hungry politicians. All these challenges have remained unresolved up to date. The only panacea to these challenges which are facing youth in South Sudan is Molana Deng Gai Gatluak. 75 percent of the youth are 100 percent confident that Deng Gai Gatluak will immediately solve all the problems that are affecting them in a matter of months if he is given a chance. It is a known theory that every problem has its own solution and the solution to the problems facing the youth is Deng Gai Gatluak. He will manage to make the youth retain their lost hope through the implementation of the following promises.
- Unity in Diversity
As South Sudan is a multi tribal nation, Molana Deng Gai Gatluak will bring all the youth on board irrespective of their tribes and prepare them for nation building. This will be achieved through the complete discouragement of tribalism, nepotism, sectionalism etc. He will establish youth centres and forums across the country in order to enable the youth interact themselves. The establishment of youth centres will pave ways for social interaction and cohesion among the youth thus creating " unity in diversity".
- Youth Empowerment
Most of our youth are jobless and they need to be empowered economically, socially and morally. Molana Deng Gai Gatluak will provide training opportunities for all the youth in various fields such as carpentry, building, tailoring, wielding, computer, agriculture, etc in order for them to equip themselves with the necessary knowledge for living. The training of youth will create self employment thus reducing the rate of poverty.
- Rally of youth support behind the ruling party ( SPLM) and his Excellency President Salva Kiir
Deng Gai Gatluak will mobilize youth to rally behind our ruling party the SPLM under the leadership of our President Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit. Youth mobilization will enable the ruling party to win the 2022 general elections since youth constitute the largest population in the country. He will carry out the Youth mobilization at the grassroot levels so that all the youth are reached.
- Fair allocation of scholarships
A Lot of foreign countries have been providing scholarships to the youth in various fields. However, there have been irregularities in the criteria for the selection of the youth to those scholarships. Molana Deng Gai Gatluak will make sure that the selection and nomination of the youth to the scholarships is based on academic qualifications and competency not on friendship and relationship. Every thing will be done on the table not under the table if Deng Gai is given a chance to lead the South Sudan National Youth Union.
- Construction of National Youth Union Office
South Sudan National Youth Union has been operating in the rented premises, despite the availability of huge resources. Lack of permanent office for the National Youth Union has created a bad image and this needs an urgent solution. Molana Deng Gai Gatluak will mobilize funds for the construction of National Youth Union's Office in a matter of one year if he is given a chance to lead. The construction of the youth office is one of his priorities. He will also mobilize funds for the construction of State youth offices after the construction of the national office.
- Youth Mobilization for peace
Molana Deng Gai Gatluak will moblize all the youth of South Sudan for sustainable peace. He will work hard to unite all the youth since they are being divided along tribal lines by self interest politicians. He will initiate a number of programs that aims at promoting peace and harmony among the youth. Such programs include sports and cultural activities. All these activities will create permanent peace among our divided youth. He will also sensitize the youth on the Revitalized Peace Agreement on the Resolution of Conflict in South Sudan.
In conclusion, I am appealing to all the delegates of South Sudan National Youth Union to give chance to Molana Deng Gai Gatluak in order for him to achieve a complete transformation and reformation of the youth sector. He has a lot of things that he wants to achieve for the benefit of the youth of South Sudan. Therefore, I am requesting all the delegates especially those who wish to enjoy the fruit of good leadership to stand up and vote for Deng Gai Gatluak.
Newer news items:
- Our education system need a reform - 12/11/2019
- Statement of Prof Dr. John Akec should not be twisted politically - The case of Press Secretary to the President Ateny Week Ateny - 09/11/2019
- Hon Ajok Wol Atak: Can Woman Make The World More Peaceful And Hold The Key To A Peaceful Society? - 09/11/2019
- Arrest of Gogrial state Youth leaders - 09/11/2019
- The Formation Of TGNU Will Meliorate the Economy In South Sudan - 30/10/2019
Older news items:
- New Report by The Sentry Details Impact of Sanctions in Sub-Saharan Africa - 24/10/2019
- How Do I Deal With Insults And Put-downs, Timeless Advice On Dealing With Insults - 16/10/2019
- Juba-Bahr-el-Ghazal Road Construction Contract Survives a Breach - 15/10/2019
- Youth Should Stay Away From Political Uncles - 14/10/2019
- Garang Achiec Bol Agiu Is A Monger And Debased Man - 12/10/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 67703 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56643 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 34590 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26853 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24287 times