Gen. Taban Deng Gai
By Deng Akok Muoradid
On 25th September 2019, the Maiwut's State Minister of health renamed ten health facilities with the names of the hard working leaders. One of the health facilities renamed is Pagak Primary Health Care Centre. Pagak Primary Health Care Centre was renamed as Gen. Taban Deng Gai PHCC. The renaming of Pagak Health Facility is a direct acknowledgement of Taban Deng's endless efforts and struggle towards achieving sustainable peace and development in Maiwut State and South Sudan in general.
As the Bible says give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and give to God what belongs to God. Gen. Taban deserves a maximum recognition for the hundreds of achievements which he has done in South Sudan. One of his visible and tangible achievements in South Sudan and Maiwut State in particular is the attainment and maintenance of peace and stability through the successful implementation of 2015 Compromised Peace Agreement. The peace which the South Sudanese have been enjoying since 2016 is a result of Gen Taban's struggle. It is undeniable fact that peace has been prevailing in all corners of South Sudan since 2016. He implemented the 2015 compromised peace agreement in later and spirit and this can be acknowledged by any reasonable citizen. The implementation of 2015 Compromised Peace Agreement by Taban Deng Gai culminated into the existence of lasting peace in South Sudan. The peace which Gen.Taban Deng brought to the people of South Sudan is the peace which the international community and IGAD had revitalized in 2018. Otherwise if Taban Deng didn't implement the 2015 peace agreement with H.E Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit, there would have been no revitalized peace agreement.
In the same year of 2016, Gen. Taban Deng Gai managed to restore back peace and stability to Maiwut State. Up to date, Maiwut State is experiencing a lasting peace and stability and this has enabled the citizens to return back to their houses and resume the agricultural and other activities. Gen. Taban Deng has initiated many peace initiatives across South Sudan. The example of such initiatives are Maiwut, Latjor, Southern Liech and Bieh States. In his quest for peace in Gajaak Land, the First Vice President H.E Gen. Taban Deng called all the Gajaak Community leaders and reconciled them in Juba. The reconciliation program was aimed at bringing all the sons and daughters of Gajaak Community on board in order to ensure rapid and sufficient development in Maiwut State. As the saying goes " many hands make work easier." The reconciliation of Gajaak Community leaders by Gen. Taban Deng Gai will pave a way for unity, peace and development in Maiwut State. He has been also advocating for peace in many national and international forums like in the United Nations General Assembly. He has personally disseminated peace in most of the states in the Republic of South Sudan. For example, he traveled to Bieh State in 2017 on the mission of peace dissemination.
Not only that, Gen. Taban Deng has accomplished several developmental projects in South Sudan and former Unity State in particular beginning from the time when he was a governor. Such developmental projects include the construction of roads, health facilities, learning centers, social and cultural centers, offices and other government infrastructures in former Unity State. All the main roads which are still in use up to date in former Unity State were constructed by the government of South Sudan through Taban Deng. He has also built Bentiu hospital in 2008. Bentiu hospital was officially inaugurated by the president of by then Autonomous Region of Southern Sudan H.E Salva Kiir Mayardit in 2008. He has managed to build many health care centres in South Sudan and all these centres are still in use.
In conclusion, Gen. Taban Deng Gai is not only an icon of peace but a man of development who dreams of a better and modern South Sudan in the future. He deserves more recognition from the people of South Sudan. Many physical infrastructures like schools, hospitals and roads should be named in his name as a recognition for his achievements.
Long live Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit
Long Live Gen. Taban Deng Gai
Long Live all the people of South Sudan
Long Live all the people of Maiwut State
Newer news items:
- How Do I Deal With Insults And Put-downs, Timeless Advice On Dealing With Insults - 16/10/2019
- Juba-Bahr-el-Ghazal Road Construction Contract Survives a Breach - 15/10/2019
- Youth Should Stay Away From Political Uncles - 14/10/2019
- Garang Achiec Bol Agiu Is A Monger And Debased Man - 12/10/2019
- BREAKING: U.S. Sanctions Al-Cardinal, Tycoon Named in Investigative Reports by The Sentry - 11/10/2019
Older news items:
- The Sentry Reveals “Oligarch” Al-Cardinal as Major Enabler of Corruption and Violence in South Sudan - 07/10/2019
- SSUF/A - Dismissal of trader man Garang Achiec Bol Agiu from SSUF/A Peace Wing - 04/10/2019
- Sub: Appeal for the dismissal of the Minister of Petroleum fake Engineer Awou Daniel Chuang - 04/10/2019
- A Triumph Of Peace Must Be Heard In Person Of Cde.dr James Wani Igga - 01/10/2019
- Breaking Investigative Report: International Profiteers Looted Billions from South Sudan - 19/09/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 68840 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56848 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 34985 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26986 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24398 times