By Paulino Akoon Yel Dut, Juba
Peacebuilding is an activity that aims to resolve injustice in nonviolent ways and to transform the cultural and structural conditions that generate deadly or destructive conflict. It revolves around developing constructive personal, group, and political relationships across ethnic, religious, class, national, and racial boundaries. This process includes violence prevention; conflict management, resolution, or transformation; and post-conflict reconciliation or trauma healing, before, and after any given case of violence. In those step of signing revitalized peace agreement is a kind of peace building in the nation particularly the Republic of South Sudan. Mr President Salva Kiir Mayardit is a visionary leader and peace lover in our country. H. E Salva Kiir Mayardit is upright and more deserve leader to lead our nation without obstacles apparently. It's brilliant step for president Salva Kiir Mayardit and Dr Riek Machar Teny to had meeting in Juba face-to-face through confrontation.
In definitely, it showing that the Revitalized peace agreement is completely implemented and upcoming TGNU in November should be made decently without challenges. It will lead South Sudan into developmental idea such as society progress, roadmap, and blueprint. And it will improve our economy downfall from inflation to deflation step and business companies would be operated their businesses without fear. Hence, I urge civilians to cooperate with the government and support peace instead of hostiles aggressions among ourselves. It won't bring any change in our country (South Sudan) and never relating to development. Because our leaders have signed peace and they implemented it. Of which we should support peacebuilding.
As such, peacebuilding is a multidisciplinary, cross-sector technique or method which becomes strategic when it works over the long run and at all levels of society to establish and sustain relationships among people locally and globally thus engendering sustainable peace. Strategic peacebuilding activities address the root causes or potential causes of violence, create a societal expectation for peaceful conflict resolution, and stabilize society politically and socioeconomically.
The included in peacebuilding vary depending on the situation and the agent of peacebuilding. Successful peacebuilding activities create an environment supportive of self-sustaining, durable peace; reconcile opponents; prevent conflict from restarting; integrate civil society; create rule of law mechanisms; and address underlying structural and societal issues. Therefore in the Republic of South Sudan we say that peacebuilding is most effective and durable when it relies upon local conceptions of peace and the underlying dynamics which foster or enable conflict.
Long live South Sudan!
Long live President Salva Kiir Mayardit!
One nation one country.
The writer is Brig. General Paulino Akoon Yel Dut, the Director of military medical Corp, Secretary of Health, Spokesperson, Secretary of General information and telecommunication service for SSUF/A Peace Wing.
Newer news items:
- The Sentry Reveals “Oligarch” Al-Cardinal as Major Enabler of Corruption and Violence in South Sudan - 07/10/2019
- SSUF/A - Dismissal of trader man Garang Achiec Bol Agiu from SSUF/A Peace Wing - 04/10/2019
- Sub: Appeal for the dismissal of the Minister of Petroleum fake Engineer Awou Daniel Chuang - 04/10/2019
- A Triumph Of Peace Must Be Heard In Person Of Cde.dr James Wani Igga - 01/10/2019
- Breaking Investigative Report: International Profiteers Looted Billions from South Sudan - 19/09/2019
Older news items:
- Formation of Bahr-el-ghazal Youth Union in Juba is Legally Unprocedural - 12/09/2019
- With Peace Between Luo And Dinka Communities Of Bahr-el- Ghazal, We Thrive - 10/09/2019
- Position Letter of coalition of Gogrial State Youth Unions and Civil Society Organizations - 10/09/2019
- South Sudan has embarked into peace revitalization - 10/09/2019
- Generatioal Gap And Discontinuity In Awan Chan Community - 09/09/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 64949 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56171 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 33730 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26615 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24093 times