By Paulino Akoon Yel Dut, Juba
Speaking and honestly it's clear that our nation returned to peace champion. It's great history that had been done by our unchallengeable president H. E Salva Kiir Mayardit and Dr Riek Machar for signing revitalized peace agreement . Peace is a concept of societal friendship and harmony in the absence of hostility and violence. In a sense speaking, peace is commonly used to mean a lack of conflict such as war and freedom from fear of violence between individuals or heterogeneous groups. Throughout history leaders have used peacemaking and diplomacy to establish a certain type of behavioral restraint that has resulted in the establishment of regional peace or economic growth through various forms of agreements or peace treaties. Such behavioral restraint has often resulted in the reduction of conflicts, greater economic interactivity, and consequently substantial prosperity. The avoidance of war or violent hostility can be the result of thoughtful active listening and communication that enables greater genuine mutual understanding and therefore compromise. Leaders often benefit tremendously from the prestige of peace talks and treaties that can result in substantially enhanced popularity.
However, there is “Psychological peace” such as a peaceful thinking and emotions is perhaps less well defined yet often a necessary precursor to establishing "behavioral peace." Peaceful behavior sometimes results from a "peaceful inner disposition." Some have expressed the belief that peace can be initiated with a certain quality of inner tranquility that does not depend upon the uncertainties of daily life for its existence.
The acquisition of such a "peaceful internal disposition" for oneself and others can contribute to resolving of otherwise seemingly irreconcilable competing interests.
Because psychological peace can be important to Behavioral peace, leaders sometimes de-escalate conflicts through compliments and generosity. Small gestures of rhetorical and actual generosity have been shown in psychological to often result in larger levels of reciprocal generosity and even virtuous circles of generosity. Such benevolent selfless behavior can eventually become a pattern that may become a lasting basis for improved relations between individuals and groups of people. Peace talks often start without preconditions and preconceived notions, because they are more than just negotiating opportunities. They place attention on peace itself over and above what may have been previously perceived as the competing needs or interests of separate individuals or parties to elicit peaceful feelings and therefore produce benevolent behavioral results.
Peace talks and implementations always bring positive changes on table and that was why our leaders special President H. E Salva Kiir Mayardit and Dr Riek Machar Teny putting us again in a marvelous way of brotherhood and sisterhood in our nation. Then for us we considered that the peace that was brought back is supportable and understandable. We must forget the past events and let us enjoy the new chapter for peace, unity and development in South Sudan.
South Sudan Oyeeeee.
One nation one country!
The writer is Brig.Gen. Paulino Akoon Yel Dut, Director of military medical Corp, Secretary of Health, Spokesperson, Secretary of General information and telecommunication service for SSUF/A Peace Wing.
Newer news items:
- Breaking Investigative Report: International Profiteers Looted Billions from South Sudan - 19/09/2019
- H.E President Salva Kiir Mayardit and Dr Riek Machar Teny brought back our nation into peace building - 16/09/2019
- Formation of Bahr-el-ghazal Youth Union in Juba is Legally Unprocedural - 12/09/2019
- With Peace Between Luo And Dinka Communities Of Bahr-el- Ghazal, We Thrive - 10/09/2019
- Position Letter of coalition of Gogrial State Youth Unions and Civil Society Organizations - 10/09/2019
Older news items:
- Generatioal Gap And Discontinuity In Awan Chan Community - 09/09/2019
- Save R-ARCSS before it collapse - 08/09/2019
- Equatoria, my beautiful land; The thorn in the flesh - 03/09/2019
- Clarification Statement on the alleged and fabricated escape & defection of Hon. Amb. Ezekiel Gatkuoth - 02/09/2019
- Group split from Malong's rebel movement signs peace with government - 31/08/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 53257 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 48786 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 30556 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 25920 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23440 times