The Sentry Lauds Action, Urges U.S to Add Asset Freeze to Visa Ban, as State Department Cites Involvement of Salah Gosh in "Gross Human Rights Violations," Credible Information on Involvement in Torture
August 14, 2019 (Washington D.C.) -- Today, the United States designated Salah Abdalla Mohamed Mohamed Salih, known as Salah Gosh, the former director general of Sudan’s National Intelligence and Security Services due to his involvement in gross violations of human rights. Specifically, the Department has credible information that Salah Gosh was involved in torture during his tenure as head of NISS.
John Prendergast, Co-Founder of The Sentry, said: "Finally, after years of sowing terror and chaos in war-torn parts of Sudan, Salah Gosh has finally experienced the first of what hopefully will be many consequences for his misdeeds. The U.S. government should build on this action and impose an asset freeze on Gosh and any of his commercial collaborators found to be complicit in his human rights and financial crimes. Such actions will provide a message to all the peace spoilers that business as usual in Sudan -- which has been responsible for war and mass corruption -- is no longer acceptable."
Experts from the Sentry are available for comment.
ABOUT THE SENTRY
The Sentry is an investigative and policy team that follows the dirty money connected to African war criminals and transnational war profiteers and seeks to shut those benefiting from violence out of the international financial system. By disrupting the cost-benefit calculations of those who hijack governments for self-enrichment in East and Central Africa, the deadliest war zone globally since World War II, we seek to counter the main drivers of conflict and create new leverage for peace, human rights, and good governance. Co-founded by George Clooney and John Prendergast, The Sentry is composed of financial investigators, international human rights lawyers, and regional experts, as well as former law enforcement agents, intelligence officers, policymakers, investigative journalists, and banking professionals.
Learn more at www.TheSentry.org.
Newer news items:
- Gogrial State Intellectual's Organisation (Gosio) - Appeal for the removal of Mr. Victor Atem Atem, the governor of Gogrial state - 29/08/2019
- Ref: Resettlement of SSUF/A Peace Wing its forces to Wunyiik headquarter. - 26/08/2019
- Presentation on controversial terminology "Useful idiot " - 20/08/2019
- Sudan: Military Junta and Civilian Movement Leaders to Sign Historic Constitutional Declaration Tomorrow - 16/08/2019
- South Sudan United Front/Army peace wing expected to arrive to Juba this morning - 16/08/2019
Older news items:
- “Consequences for Kleptocrats”: Report by The Sentry Details How Network Sanctions and Other Cutting-Edge Financial Pressures Support Peace and Counter Corruption in South Sudan - 08/08/2019
- Under Secretary for Political Affairs David Hale Headed to Khartoum Tomorrow: Experts Urge Strong Action by U.S. to Counter “Deep State” Corruption and Illicit Financial Flows in Sudan - 07/08/2019
- Ref: Welcoming statement of Maj.General Madong Muorwel Nyot - 05/08/2019
- Order for the Appointment of the Regional Executive Members for Greater Bar El ghazal Youth Union in the Republic of South Sudan - 02/08/2019
- Ref: South Sudan United Front/Army peace wing delegation going to Juba and negotiate with the government - 02/08/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 52481 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 47651 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 30273 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 25863 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23399 times