By Alfred Thiik Thiik
The Governor of Gogrial State Mr. Victor Atem Atem in aid of commander of Tiger Division has secretly loaded a military helicopter with millions of pounds from Juba to Gogrial state purposely for purchasing arms and ammunitions to be distributed to his community militants. The governor of Gogrial state who is originally from Apuk is now working very hard to arm his fellow youth from his community to resume the conflict among the communities of Gogrial State.
The helicopter which carries millions of pounds was clandestinely flown by Maj Gen Lual Maroldit to Gogrial state on Thursday and received in Luonyaker by Mr. Victor Atem in our presence. The money will be given to strong youths to purchase arms for self defense along the border of Northern Liech which we managed to see it though it was highly privatized. the governor said Apuk community remains vulnerable to all risks in the border. He also mentioned that the border between Apuk, Kuac and Aguok must be demarcated by Apuk youths in this summer.
The money were stolen from Tiger Division by Gen. Lual Wek the in charge commander and flown to Gogrial state secretly without the knowledge of securities apparatus. Upon landing of helicopter in old luonyaker air strip, it was restricted only to few knowledgeable people and well oriented community youths to access the location of where military helicopter Landed.
The aim of resuming fighting is to maintain Atem Atem on governorship which I personally don’t like it as youth of this area. when he was appointed by president as governor of Gogrial State when there was a fighting and he assumed that renewal of communal fighting will compel the president to reinstate the state of emergency so that he continues ruling State in iron fist. And now he wants to fuel the resumption of communal conflict so that the president gives him more powers and declare state of emergency and subsequent deployment of more forces in Gogrial state. This plan should be told to H.E The President to engage very well to this plan of Gen Lual Maroldit
Alfred Thiik Thiik
The Writer is Alfred Thiik Thiik
Concern Youth from
Former Gogrial East County of Gogrial State.
Newer news items:
- Under Secretary for Political Affairs David Hale Headed to Khartoum Tomorrow: Experts Urge Strong Action by U.S. to Counter “Deep State” Corruption and Illicit Financial Flows in Sudan - 07/08/2019
- Ref: Welcoming statement of Maj.General Madong Muorwel Nyot - 05/08/2019
- Order for the Appointment of the Regional Executive Members for Greater Bar El ghazal Youth Union in the Republic of South Sudan - 02/08/2019
- Ref: South Sudan United Front/Army peace wing delegation going to Juba and negotiate with the government - 02/08/2019
- Conference for peace and reconciliation kick off in Northern Liech State - 01/08/2019
Older news items:
- Ref: the appointment of SSUF/A political secretartariats. - 26/07/2019
- Re: Appeal for the Dismissal of Mr. Victor Atem Atem, the governor of Gogrial state for Abducting Zechariah Makuach Maror, Secretary General of Gogrial State Intellectual's Organization - 25/07/2019
- South Sudan united Front/Army military leadership structure - 19/07/2019
- President’s Admission of Failures in the Government should not be misconstrued by the public - 16/07/2019
- Amb. Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth is an Original South Sudanese, not an Ethiopian. A response to the tribal activist Mr. Bol Marol Abuok - 13/07/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 50899 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 45791 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 29507 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 25764 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23316 times