GOGRIAL STATE INTELLECTUAL'S ORGANIZATION
MOTTO: "SEE & SAY"
Date: 24th /July/2019
Open letter to H.E Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit, President of the Republic of South Sudan
Re: Appeal for the Dismissal of Mr. Victor Atem Atem, the governor of Gogrial state for Abducting Zechariah Makuach Maror, Secretary General of Gogrial State Intellectual's Organization
We would like to express our maximum appreciation to the leadership of HE. GEN Salva Kiir Mayardit for bringing sustainable and lasting peace to the people of South Sudan through the signing of the Revitalized Peace Agreement. The Revitalized Peace Agreement which you have signed last year has restored the lost hope among the desperate South Sudanese. We the citizens of Gogrial state do also commend your endless efforts and struggle towards democracy, good governance and delivery of services thought some autocratic leaders in person of Gogrial state governor are working hard to fail you, the youth of this great nation will still rally behind your charismatic leadership.
Gogrial state intellectuals organisation would like to bring into attention some of the atrocities committed by the governor of Gogrial state in less than a month. Extravagance, extra judicial killings, malpractice, intimidation, and arbitration are the daily behaviours of the governor in the office, as we write this note, many youths are abducted and prisoned without charges. And the fresh example is a case of Zechariah Makuach who was abducted, tortured and confined in private place then, dumped at Nyokuran West. Now it is worth noted that Gogrial state is not the safest place for youths to live due to Atem Atem harsh attitude towards youths.
Victor Atem Atem has specialised in looting and selling the assets of the state which civil population could have benefited from it. He sold 15 hand pumps which were denoted by World vision three weeks ago and that water pumps would've been installed in the rural areas as meant for, as to close the gaps of water insecurity in our beloved state. As dry season is approaching, we don't know how will these innocent people survive if their governor is involving himself in mismanaging the denoted water security materials.
Government of Gogrial state under the patronage of Victor Atem Atem has also involved in cattle rustling, recently, the security adviser in the office of governor Mr.Adhil Mabuoc has stolen 10 cows of Mr. Wek Deng athian and sold them out in Mayen Rual market. And when the police confiscated the sale on marketing process, the adviser claimed to have usurped cattle from thieves who abrogated from Konggor in Tonj state. This act surprised many people in Gogrial state of why government officials engage in such Unlawful activities. What we know is that, the government is entitled to confiscate the stolen cattles from criminals and returns them to their respective owners rather than auctioning them in the market. Last year, people who were suspected of cattle theft were shot to death, this remains a question today either Adhil Mabuoc who has been caught red handed with someone's cattle will be shot or not, since shooting becomes a nature of Atem Atem.
On the other hand, the governor also arrested and jailed a businesswoman by name Akech Manut Akoon whom he borrowed her two drums of diesel two months ago and when that innocent woman asked governor to pay back her money, he immediately responded with brutal arrest and subsequent closure of her business activities. The woman also reported to have been maimed and she is now living under critical health conditions in detention. All the people of Gogrial state are wondering why the government is mistreating this lady in her wealth. These plunderable behaviours of governor generated lack of appetite in Atem Atem's government.
In related developments, Governor Atem Atem has invested in creating youth unemployment in the state, his involvement in termination of Mou Mawel Nyang, an employee of World Vision International who is also Secretary of Finance for Gogrial State youth union. The governor has threatened world vision to terminate Mou contract with an immediate effect or face banning of it activities in Gogrial state.
Gogrial state intellectuals organisation is appealing to your most respected office to relieve this burden from the people of Gogrial state by removing Victor Atem Atem from governorship and replace him with another patriotic transparent leader.
Simon Machuar Manhkeracnaak
President of Gogrial State Intellectuals' Organization (GOSIO)
Newer news items:
- Order for the Appointment of the Regional Executive Members for Greater Bar El ghazal Youth Union in the Republic of South Sudan - 02/08/2019
- Ref: South Sudan United Front/Army peace wing delegation going to Juba and negotiate with the government - 02/08/2019
- Conference for peace and reconciliation kick off in Northern Liech State - 01/08/2019
- Gen. Lual Maroldit the commander of Tiger division has stolen 2 billions South Sudanese pounds for renewing war in Gogrial state - 27/07/2019
- Ref: the appointment of SSUF/A political secretartariats. - 26/07/2019
Older news items:
- South Sudan united Front/Army military leadership structure - 19/07/2019
- President’s Admission of Failures in the Government should not be misconstrued by the public - 16/07/2019
- Amb. Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth is an Original South Sudanese, not an Ethiopian. A response to the tribal activist Mr. Bol Marol Abuok - 13/07/2019
- The recommendation of 400 Padang Sons and Daughters to various oil companies by Awou Daniel Acuang is a clear Padangization of Oil Sector - 13/07/2019
- Sudan’s TMC Generals Must be Held Accountable for Violent Repression Against Civilians Demanding a Democratic Government - 30/06/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 53871 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 49489 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 30776 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 25965 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23476 times