By Majok Anyakdit Nhomuot
There is no doubt and argument that Deng Gai Gatluak had been a rebel between 2013 to 2016, following the political crisis that unfolded in the Republic of South Sudan. Deng Gai who had been a dancing tune of balancing between Dr. Riak Machar Teny, Taban Deng Gai and Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth rhetoric camps, is currently forging his way to becoming a President of South Sudan National Youth Union.
SSNYU is a National Youth Organization established in 2014 with the objectives to unite youth across the country irrespective of their political affiliations was devastated by it first ever leader, Dr. Albino Bol Dhieu who out of four years in the docket ran the youth affairs in a briefcase and V8 Land Cruiser as his Office. A true caliber of Deng Gai Gatluak in contrast.
Retrospectively, Deng Gai Gatluak a chauvinist who can do everything to cling to power and immediately turned against his own comrades in the shortest time possible should not be given way to cause more disintegration of the already fragile SSNYU. Deng Gai himself can agree with me on how he messed up South Sudanese Youth Union in Kampala, Uganda in his leadership styles during the time a true youth leader commits herself/himself to managing the affairs of solidarity as independent youth organization. The Union was heavily influenced by parties and lost its independence from both incumbent and opposition alike.
As a delegate to SSNYU 2nd Convention that’s going to take place soon, I do not partake in the political gaming of Deng Gai Gatluak briefcase meetings privately taking place from Pyramid International Hotel to Palms Africa Hotel and Crown Hotel respectively. I am afraid if this is the trend youth politics is pursuing, then chances of the whole organization collapsing are higher than our own expectations.
And if given ground to prevail, then its independence is compromised and would now be serving a certain political party interest and will developed sense from our dear Youth that associates to rebellion is a good method of political journey - I do not know whether it would serve SPLM-IO-Riak, SPLM-IO-Taban or SPLM main and the specific objective to which it was formed is lost in the process of each party amount the rival parties trying to gain complete control of the youth independent organization.
Here, I would like to send a strong message to your esteemed sovereign being as Deng Gai Gatluak, not a secret! Mr. Gatluak, if you are realistic in your quest to succeed Dr, Albino Bol Dhieu in good faith and to unify the fragile SSNYU.
kindly keep away from dirty politics that you “say the issue of fund is settled by our big Man and we have everything on our table and what remains is how we can inject this cash in order to influence the Youth. “ and abstain from political leaders driving you in disguise and face us openly as delegates representing youth across South Sudan in order for you to sing your philosophy not a doctrine of someone we do not know!
I reserved myself with hopes to see you switch off from this gymnastic maneuvering which is highly likely tainting your aspiration for youth leadership.
Newer news items:
- South Sudan united Front/Army military leadership structure - 19/07/2019
- President’s Admission of Failures in the Government should not be misconstrued by the public - 16/07/2019
- Amb. Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth is an Original South Sudanese, not an Ethiopian. A response to the tribal activist Mr. Bol Marol Abuok - 13/07/2019
- The recommendation of 400 Padang Sons and Daughters to various oil companies by Awou Daniel Acuang is a clear Padangization of Oil Sector - 13/07/2019
- Sudan’s TMC Generals Must be Held Accountable for Violent Repression Against Civilians Demanding a Democratic Government - 30/06/2019
Older news items:
- The recognition of nationalism and patriotism in National Pre transitional committee (NPTC). - 26/06/2019
- Condemnation statement on the nonsensical proclaimed “Top leaked secret” report - 24/06/2019
- The stone age government of Hon Atem Atem is a curse to the people of Gogrial state - 22/06/2019
- Molana Deng Gai Gatluak Deng: The outstanding and most competent candidate for the presidency of South Sudan National Youth Union (SSNYU) - 22/06/2019
- The cause of insecurity in the republic of South Sudan , (pertaining to cattle raiding ,child abduction and Rebellion) - 21/06/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 50373 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 44760 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 28780 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 25724 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23270 times