By Deng Akok Muoradid
Once upon a time, all the animals in the world gathered to elect their king. In the gathering, all those who had intention to contest were requested to show up. The two animals, Mr. Elephant and Mr. Lion declared their intention to contest for the kingship. The two contestants were given chances to express themselves on the stage. After the two candidates were given chances, the following animals, Mr. Hyena, Mr. Snake, Mr. Fox, Mr. Hare, Mr. Python, Mr. Pig and Mr. Crocodile immediately declared their loyalty or allegiance to Mr. Elephant.
Mr. Elephant responded by appointing Mr. Hyena, Mr. Python, Mr. Fox, Mr. Pig, Mr. Hare and Mr. Snake as his campaign agents with Mr. Crocodile as the head. The rest of the animals who were about to vote for Mr. Elephant became annoyed after realising that he was surrounded by group of poisonous and greedy animals. However, Mr. Tiger and Mr. Buffalo volunteered themselves and began mobilizing the other animals to vote for Mr Lion without being assigned by Mr. Lion to do so. 95% of animals in the jungle were convinced by Mr. Tiger and they pledged to vote for Mr. lion because they were fearing that their resources would be corrupted by the elephant's campaign agents in case Mr Elephant win.
As the day of the election was approaching, Mr Elephant's campaign agents especially Mr. hyena and Mr. python were quiet sure that their boss would win the election without taking into the account that victory is certain. The day of the election came and all the animals began voting for their leaders. The voting ended in the evening hours and the results were announced. Mr. lion was announced the winner and Mr Elephant was the loser. Mr Elephant was defeated by Mr lion despite of being the largest animal in the jungle.
The above story of the animals in the forest reflects the ongoing completion between the truth tellers and the political opportunists in Twic Mayardit Community in Juba. The story of the defeat of elephant by the lion clearly symbolizes that leadership has nothing to do with size, height , wealth, stomach, strength etc. Otherwise elephant would have won the animal's kingship if it was based on size and height because it is the biggest animal in the jungle.
My fellow community members, leadership isn't about having a big stomach. It isn't about driving V8. It isn't about carrying alot of corrupted money. Leadership is all about ideas. I was amazed to see the opportunists being worshiped like God because of their wealth . In traditional Twic Mayardit society, a corrupt man can neither be respected nor be allowed to marry. The indigenous members of Twic Mayardit define corruption as more sinful than killing and this expains why Twic Mayardit is the most peaceful subsection in Dinka tribe. However, the current economic crises have compelled some of our people to abandon their culture and adapted a sinful culture of begging for the sake of survival. It is undeniable fact that those who are worshipping the corrupt rich opportunists in Twic Mayardit were forced to do so by this economic hardship. Nothing is more disgraceful in this world then worshipping a thief.
Therefore, I am reiterating my calls on all the youth of Twic Mayardit Community to follow the path of truth and refrain from supporting political opportunists who have hidden agenda.
Newer news items:
- South Sudan: Anti-Corruption Reforms Should be a Prerequisite to Wooing Foreign Investment - 11/04/2019
- Alert on Sudan Warns of Severe Risks of Money Laundering, Terror Financing - 02/04/2019
- Who is President Salva Kiir Mayardit? - 02/04/2019
- HOW INTEGRITY AND UNITY ARE CONTRIBUTING IN A COMBINED MANNER TO THE NATION - 01/04/2019
- Amb Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth: the best and successful petroleum minister in the history of South Sudan - 23/03/2019
Older news items:
- Juba University Tuition Fees Increment: the implementation of Dr. Adwok Nyaba's policy of "university for rich people's children" - 20/03/2019
- New Report Warns of Six Corruption Threats to Peace in South Sudan - 20/03/2019
- The ongoing deadly corruption at the ministry of finance and economic planning - 13/03/2019
- The Truth hurts; but it has to be said - 03/03/2019
- An open letter to the Chairperson of South Sudan Relief Rehabilitation Commission - Appeal for the withdrawal of registration certificate from Twic Mayardit Intellectual Forum - 02/03/2019
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 49877 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 43816 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 28603 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 25686 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23240 times