23rd September 2010, Khartoum - Sudan
The South Sudan Political Parties Consensus Dialogue Forum, has learned through the media, during the past few days that the two Sudanese partners of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) have been invited by The United Nations Secretary - General to a meeting tomorrow 24th September, in New York, which will be attended by the President of the United States of America, Barack Obama and by other world leaders concerned about the situation in Sudan.
The meeting is aimed at bridging the outstanding political differences between the two ruling parties of Sudan, as the country counts down to the referendum on Self- determination in South Sudan next year.
The South Sudan Political Parties Consensus Dialogue Forum wishes to appreciate this noble initiative by The Secretary - General of The United Nations and The Government of The U.S.A., one of the principal international witnesses of the Navaisha negotiations between the Sudanese parties, as well as being a principal underwriter, if not one of the international guarantors of the implementation of the CPA by the Sudanese parties.
The South Sudan Political Parties Consensus Dialogue Forum, urge the two Sudanese parties, signatories to the CPA, to be moved by the international concern, shown by the international community and to resolve all their outstanding differences in New York, so that the country may move forward in peace and tranquility, as it completes the last step in implementation of the CPA, which is the conduct of the referendum on Self-determination.
The South Sudan Political Parties
Consensus Dialogue Forum
Newer news items:
- Non-Odious Debts and South Sudan Independence Challenge - 03/10/2010
- Announcing Naath Community Association of Edmonton - 02/10/2010
- Youth organizations advocating for separation are using wrong map - 29/09/2010
- Who Is Really Second Class Citizen in the South? - 28/09/2010
- The GoSS Mission in US and Question of Sudanese Citizenship - 27/09/2010
Older news items:
- Salva Kiir Was Belittled Protocol Wise in the UN Meeting - 25/09/2010
- September 24th UN Demonstrations - 24/09/2010
- Letter of the padang community to upper Nile Governor - 24/09/2010
- Press Statement: detention of SPLM-DC members in wau and aweil - 23/09/2010
- Separation Road Map: Separatists of Southern Sudan Unite! - 21/09/2010
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 61950 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 55578 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32958 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26445 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23920 times