United Nations Demonstration Part 1, 11am - 12pm, at Dag Hammarskjold Plaza at E 47th Street & 1st and 2nd Avenues (please note change of venue because of street closures.)
On September 24th, Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon will host a high-level meeting on Sudan and President Obama will attend.
The Save Darfur Coalition, Diaspora and activists plan to gather at 11am at the UN to demonstrate support for free and fair referenda in South Sudan and Abyei, an end to genocide in Darfur, and liberty, justice and peace for all Sudanese.
United Nations Demonstration Part 2, 3pm - 5pm at Dag Hammarskjold Plaza at E 47th Street & 1st and 2nd Avenue (entering on 2nd Avenue)
During the high level meeting on Sudan, the Sudanese Diaspora and activists will rally to highlight the importance of international engagement in ensuring timely, free and fair referenda and peace and justice in Sudan.
Newer news items:
- Youth organizations advocating for separation are using wrong map - 29/09/2010
- Who Is Really Second Class Citizen in the South? - 28/09/2010
- The GoSS Mission in US and Question of Sudanese Citizenship - 27/09/2010
- Press Statement:The South Sudan Political Parties Consensus Dialogue Forum - 26/09/2010
- Salva Kiir Was Belittled Protocol Wise in the UN Meeting - 25/09/2010
Older news items:
- Letter of the padang community to upper Nile Governor - 24/09/2010
- Press Statement: detention of SPLM-DC members in wau and aweil - 23/09/2010
- Separation Road Map: Separatists of Southern Sudan Unite! - 21/09/2010
- Being Second Citizen in your Nation - 21/09/2010
- Salva Kiir :Critical Engagement Needed in Runup to January Referendum - 20/09/2010
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 61233 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 55406 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 32763 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26403 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23872 times