Today, 19/2/2018, Un-gold a HIV confirmatory strip get expired in Maridi and Aweil, amidst report of increasing HIV infection. As The Peer Project, a voluntarily youth project based in Maridi that constantly monitors the provision of HIV services in the area, we strongly believe that this expiration is happening allover the Country. We would like to recall that last in August we experienced the same scenario of HIV screenings tests getting expired and raised an alarm and the supplies were delayed upto Nov 2017.
This act of service gap always jeopardise our efforts to reduce HIV epidermic in South Sudan.
The fact that today UN-GOLD gets expired means that there will be no HIV testing in the areas mentioned above. To make it worse, a mandatory testing of pregnant mothers attending ANC will not be happening creating threat to the dream of eliminating Mother To Child Transmission Of HIV (eMTCT).
As an advocate, I strongly call upon the concern partners that deal with supply of such commodities, to speed up the process of availing the testing strips. Any delay like it happened last is a threat to national goal of making Sout Sudan AIDS free.
For more info. call +211913355381
Peter Garang Ngor
Studenst' Coordinator, TPP and Advocate (Youth Activist)
Newer news items:
- MOFA on membership to the Arab League, is it not a voluntary Return to Arab Islamic bondage? - 18/03/2018
- Attention: Mr. Salva Kiir Mayardit, President of South Sudan, Juba. - 17/03/2018
- BREAKING: Sentry Investigation Sheds Light on South Sudan’s Elites’ Use of the Country’s Oil to Fund Militias, Get Richer - 05/03/2018
- World Zero Discrimination on Thursday 1st of March 2018 - 01/03/2018
- Next Phase of U.S.-Sudan Relations Requires Scrutiny, Benchmarks as Khartoum Regime Seeks Normalization, Lifting of Terrorist Designation - 21/02/2018
Older news items:
- Police Move to Seize South Sudanese General’s Australian Mansion Exposed in The Sentry’s “War Crimes” Report - 13/02/2018
- Response to the Government of South Sudan’s reaction to United States unilateral arms embargo - 08/02/2018
- An appeal to the South Sudanese delegates in Addis Ababa: Determining the future of South Sudan - 05/02/2018
- A Letter to Gen Salva Kiir Mayardit, the President of the Republic of South Sudan : It is time to step aside and give way, Mr President. - 05/02/2018
- ENOUGH PROJECT STATEMENT: Time for Serious Peace Negotiations in South Sudan - 05/02/2018
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 43826 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 31146 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 25499 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 24580 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 22326 times