John Sunday Martin
The violation of the Agreement on the Resolution of the Conflicts in the Republic of South Sudan (ARCRSS) is a real crisis that the region is part to, because the agreement is not only violated by the SPLM-IG but the region itself – who are desperately now, trying to resolve it through application of means that is bias, and unhelpful to the people of South Sudan, the very victims of the crisis.
The region knows the facts that, the battle that started in J1, from 8th July 2016 was well coordinated, and ordered by both President Salva Kiir and his army chief, Paul Malong Awan, yet the world sidelined with untruth, and injustices because of their corrupted political interests, and their deep hatred toward the person of Dr. Riek Machar.
The corruption of those regional leaders resulted in their collaboration with President Salva Kirr and Taban Deng Gai against the
interested of the south Sudanese for peace, justices and democracy and in this regards, the July 2016 coup staged against the person of Dr. Riek Machar is contrived of Salva Kirr and Taban Deng Gai in collaboration with some corrupted regional leaders against the leadership of Dr. Riek Machar and this is seconded by the decision of the regional leaders to sideline with the very evil regime of the SPLM-IG under Salva Kirr, and to confine Dr. Riek Machar in the Republic of South Africa.
The July 2016 crisis is indeed a regional coup against the South Sudan democratization system and this act of the Regional leaders undermined the South Sudan’s sovereignty – as the regional leaders indirectly attempted to impose a leader of their choice – that is Taban Deng Gai on the people – by trying all they can to force the nation to fully implement the agreement under his leadership while confining the leader of our choice in South Africa. This act of the region if not resisted, then our national sovereignty and democracy, can be lost to the region and in this regards, our struggle for the past decades for our freedom as south Sudanese was for nothing.
Therefore, the sideline of the regional leaders with untruth and injustices in South Sudan, became another crisis for the nation
because the confinement of Dr. Riek Machar as while imposition of Taban Deng Gai on the revolutionary forces, makes any peaceful resettlement of the political conflicts in the country far from reality special amongst the SPLM/A – IO political and military cadres.
Today if there is no peace in South Sudan, it is because the region is imposing unwanted leadership on us, and this act of imposition of unwanted leaders likes of Taban Deng Gai becoming the strength of the SPLM-IO special in Equartoria, and this has help the Equarorians through their tribal communities to be strong and united special in mobilization of the resources as well development of strong military and political leadership amongst the Equartorians to resist the regime in Juba, even without any single provisions from the SPLM/A – IO National leadership, or Dr. Riek Machar.
The supports of the regional leaders to the coup staged against Dr. Riek Machar by the President Salva Kirr and Taban Deng Gai through confinement of Dr. Riek Machar, as well imposing of Taban Deng Gai in leadership of the SPLM/A – IO, is the most impossible project ever by President Salva Kirr and his International Partners (Region) that every democratic oriented, and patriot will resist. We are resisting this act of the regime and the region today because it is an act of ignorance of the most horrific atrocities and war crimes committed by the regime, and demeaning of not only South Sudan’s democracy but national sovereignty – that most SPLM/A – IO cadres has willingly committed themselves to fight against even as Dr. Riek Machar is in
confinement. For us as rebel commanders of the SPLM/A – IO, the fight is not about bringing Dr. Riek Machar back, or supporting his leadership, but to defend the causes of our national constitution and flag that defines south Sudan’s sovereignty – the sovereignty that is now under threats no longer only from the regime of Salva Kirr, but the region at large.
In this regard, if the region real want peace, the first step is the release of Dr. Riek Machar from confinement, and then open space for new political settlement and if they (region) want bring Taban Deng Gai for their own interests in the leadership, it must seek other ways but not through, and use of the name of the SPLM-IO and ARCSS.
John Sunday Martin
Newer news items:
- U.S. Sanctions LRA Ivory Traffickers: Important Step, but More Comprehensive Approach Needed, Say Experts - 16/12/2017
- Enough - New Report Spotlights Sudan’s Oppression of Religious Minorities and Embrace of Extremist Groups - 12/12/2017
- Kuir ë Garang Book Launch & Presentation: South Sudan & the Crisis of Leadership - 07/12/2017
- President Salva Kiir and General Paul Malong are ‘Fighting like ferrets in a sack’: Will Gen. Cirillo, not Machar, be the nation’s Saviour. - 04/12/2017
- Enough - New Report: “Ominous Threats Descending on Darfur” - 10/11/2017
Older news items:
- As Ambassador Haley Visits South Sudan Tomorrow, Enough Project Urges Financial Pressures on Leaders to Address Crisis - 24/10/2017
- Collo Community Council - Grievances of Chollo Community against Government of South Sudan’s aggression, discrimination and exploitation - 12/10/2017
- Enough - Trump Administration Lifts Sudan Sanctions - 06/10/2017
- Enough - New Report: “Breaking Out of the Spiral in South Sudan: Anti-Money Laundering, Network Sanctions, and a New Peacemaking Architecture” - 28/09/2017
- Why a technocratic transitional government in South Sudan? - 09/09/2017
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 43826 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 31146 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 25499 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 24580 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 22326 times