Date: 07 March 2017
On the 6 Mar 2017, Lt. Gen. Thomas Cirillo Swaka announced the establishment of the National Salvation Front (NAS). In his declaration, Gen. Cirillo called for a unified resistance against the destructive regime of President Salva Kiir Mayardit.
The declaration was followed by words of encouragement from the leadership of the People’s Democratic Movement, the South Sudan Democratic Front and the National Democratic Movement. In a statement, the deputy leader of the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement in Opposition, Henry Odwar, declared that he “shall be engaging [Gen. Cirillo] and other opposition parties in order to forge a common platform for ending the regime in Juba”.
We are heartened by this demonstration of genuine solidarity. The Equatorian Community Organisation in the UK has consistently encouraged cooperation among Equatorians, and all the peoples of South Sudan, in defiance of the devastating campaign of violence, discrimination and repression perpetrated by Salva Kiir and his regime, against innocent citizens the length and breadth of our country.
We commend those committed to ending the suffering that has been inflicted on the people of South Sudan, by Salva Kiir’s regime, for recognising that theirs is a common cause. By working constructively with each other, in the spirit of cooperation and shared endeavour, the South Sudanese people may drive out the destructive regime before it can inflict further damage to the social fabric of our beloved country.
By forging a unity of purpose, relief and justice can be brought to the countless families who have seen their lives shattered by violence, displacement, exile, starvation and neglect.
Federico Awi Vuni
Chairman, Equatorian Community Organisation in the UK
Newer news items:
- Enough Project - New Report Identifies Causes of South Sudan's Famine and Potential Genocide - 21/03/2017
- The storm of change gathering to sweep Kiir and JCE from power - 15/03/2017
- Clooney and Prendergast: Those Who Create Famine in South Sudan and Benefit from War Should Pay a Steep Price - 09/03/2017
Older news items:
- Calling for National Day of Prayer is not President Kiir responsibility but of the Church - 08/03/2017
- My GOD is not your god; so do not order me to pray (The Devil is in the detail) - 04/03/2017
- Petition from Concerned Members of Chollo Community in the Diaspora - The South Sudan Army (SPLA) Offensive in the Shilluk Kingdom amounts to War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity (13/02/2017) - 15/02/2017
- Collo Community Council Complaint letter to H.E Antonio Gutterres, the Secretary General of the United Nations (02/02/2017) - 03/02/2017
- Collo Community Council Rejects the unlawful creation of more states in South Sudan - 28/01/2017
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 31361 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 22388 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 20806 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 19718 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 17024 times