To: H.E Antonio Gutterres, UN Secretary General, New York, USA
Date: 2 Feb 2017
Subject: Forwarding Grievous complain against President Salva kiir and his Government for committing Human Right Violence on Chollo Community Civilians and their land in Upper Nile.
We, the Chollo community council are bringing to your attention our disappointment and grievous complaint against President Kiir and his Government. These days Juba Government has decided to commit criminal atrocities against innocent civilians by shelling and aircraft bombardment in hiding places and displaced camp like Wau Chollo. This inhuman act is being carried out in the sight of international community against unarmed Chollo population in Wau Chollo and the surrounding villages on the western bank of the river Nile in Chollo Kingdom on 26th and 27th January 2017 respectively.
As a result of the shelling and Aircraft Bombardment on the innocent civil Chollo population, some people had lost their lives and some were wounded .Besides, many civilians have left their villages and now they are on the run to Sudan to seek refuge and protection.
This is not the first time President Salva kiir Government has carried out this brutal and aggressive Air craft Bombardment on Chollo community and civilians in Chollo land. Indeed , President Salva Kiir and his Government had carried many Aircraft Bombardments on the civilians population in the Chollo community land in the Chollo Kingdom throughout the years 2015 and 2016, in which huge number of Chollo Community Civilians were forced to desert their land to become displaced in Refugee and IDP camps in many parts in Sudan and UNMIS Protection camp in Malakal.
Besides, the above mentioned Human Right violence, President Kiir Government on 17th and 18th of February 2016 went and attacked Chollo innocent civilians who were at the UNMIS Protection camps in Malakal in which more than 40 persons were killed and many were wounded.
In addition, on the 2nd of October 2015 President Salva Kiir issued an Executive Order No36, 2015 AD for the creation of 28 states in the South Sudan in which he had taken Chollo community land on the Eastern Bank of the White Nile and Sobat Rivers and annexed it to the land of Dinka Padang in Upper Nile state being his tribe.
We, the Chollo community council and the entire community of Chollo are aware of the dirty policy of President Salva kiir Government and his jieng council of elders which is aimed at Killing and displacement of the innocent civilian's population from the other communities in South Sudan, who are Dinka.
In fact, the intention of war waged by Salva Kiir on behalf of Dinka community was meant to grab ancestral lands of non-dinka and annexed it to Dinka land.
The notion of Jieng war was to terrorize non-Jieng communities, so they may evacuate their ancestral land. The most plain of that notion was baseless claims that the Dinka was the liberator community that liberated South Sudan, and superior community that can take any piece of land they wish, and could occupy any place they like and shouldn't be questioned by anyone.
Indeed, this constructed and well establishes strategy made non-Dinka communities' vulnerable and wondering people without land which is the basic and an important resource for settlement and livelihood.
Parallel, President Kiir government and the jieng council of elders have now embarked on the ethnic cleansing which they are implementing in many areas and states in South Sudan to make those communities flee and desert their land so that the land is grabbed and given to the Dinka Community.
In this regards, we are now pleading and appealing to your Excellency, knowing that in your capacity as the UN Secretary General and the entire international Communities who are compassionate and have great concern for human dignity and the human Rights Violence and protection, could urgently intervene and take prompt action to stop what president salva kiir and his Government is now doing in the Chollo land in upper Nile in Particular and in other areas in South Sudan.
Samson Oyay Awin, the chairman of Chollo Community Council, Khartoum, Sudan.
CC: Chair persons, UN Security Council NY, UN Human Right (Geneva), IGAD (ADIS ABAB), JMEC (Juba), Troika (USA, UK, Norway, and Others),
CC: Chollo Community members in Diaspora, (USA, UK, Australia and others)
Newer news items:
- Clooney and Prendergast: Those Who Create Famine in South Sudan and Benefit from War Should Pay a Steep Price - 09/03/2017
- RESPONSE OF EQUATORIA COMMUNITY IN THE UK TO THE RECENT DECLARATION OF THE NATIONAL SALVATION FRONT - 08/03/2017
- Calling for National Day of Prayer is not President Kiir responsibility but of the Church - 08/03/2017
- My GOD is not your god; so do not order me to pray (The Devil is in the detail) - 04/03/2017
- Petition from Concerned Members of Chollo Community in the Diaspora - The South Sudan Army (SPLA) Offensive in the Shilluk Kingdom amounts to War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity (13/02/2017) - 15/02/2017
Older news items:
- Collo Community Council Rejects the unlawful creation of more states in South Sudan - 28/01/2017
- Enough Project - Weapons of Mass Corruption, New Report Exposes Massive Corruption in South Sudan’s Army - 26/01/2017
- Enough Project Calls for Immediate Release of South Sudanese Citizens Aggrey Idri and Dong Samuel - 25/01/2017
- PDM: Festus Mogae must resign - 12/01/2017
- PADANG PRESS RELEASE - REJECTION TO ANNEXATION OF PANYIKANG COUNTY OF FASHODA STATE (13/12/2016) - 13/12/2016
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 33562 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 22655 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 22599 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 20797 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 18429 times