January 24, 2017 (Washington, DC) – The Enough Project joins Human Rights Watch and other international voices advocating strongly for the immediate release of two South Sudanese citizens and political opposition figures, Aggrey Idri and Dong Samuel.
According to their lawyer, Aggrey Idri and Dong Samuel are being detained by Kenyan authorities in the Nairobi area. They are subject to a deportation order, and if they are extradited from Nairobi to Juba as ordered, their lives and safety are at immediate risk.
Enough calls on President Uhuru Kenyatta and the Kenyan security authorities to immediately release both men and nullify the deportation orders they face.
About THE ENOUGH PROJECT
The Enough Project, an atrocity prevention policy group, seeks to build leverage for peace and justice in Africa by helping to create real consequences for the perpetrators and facilitators of genocide and other mass atrocities. Enough aims to counter rights-abusing armed groups and violent kleptocratic regimes that are fueled by grand corruption, transnational crime and terror, and the pillaging and trafficking of minerals, ivory, diamonds, and other natural resources. Enough conducts field research in conflict zones, develops and advocates for policy recommendations, supports social movements in affected countries, and mobilizes public campaigns. Learn more – and join us – at www.EnoughProject.org.
Newer news items:
- My GOD is not your god; so do not order me to pray (The Devil is in the detail) - 04/03/2017
- Petition from Concerned Members of Chollo Community in the Diaspora - The South Sudan Army (SPLA) Offensive in the Shilluk Kingdom amounts to War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity (13/02/2017) - 15/02/2017
- Collo Community Council Complaint letter to H.E Antonio Gutterres, the Secretary General of the United Nations (02/02/2017) - 03/02/2017
- Collo Community Council Rejects the unlawful creation of more states in South Sudan - 28/01/2017
- Enough Project - Weapons of Mass Corruption, New Report Exposes Massive Corruption in South Sudan’s Army - 26/01/2017
Older news items:
- PDM: Festus Mogae must resign - 12/01/2017
- PADANG PRESS RELEASE - REJECTION TO ANNEXATION OF PANYIKANG COUNTY OF FASHODA STATE (13/12/2016) - 13/12/2016
- Enough Project - Groundbreaking": Congress Passes Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act - 10/12/2016
- PRESS- RELEASE: SPLA - IO captured Ombachi in Yei River State - 07/12/2016
- PRESS - RELEASE: SPLA-IO forces in control of Lasu\ Korogulu in Yei - 04/12/2016
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 55548 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 51041 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 31251 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26074 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 23566 times