Whether the Region forced Dr. Riek Machar to exile or not, full scale war cannot be avoided as long the regime in Juba exists. Dr. Riek Machar is not inspirer of armed conflict facing this nation but simple man entrusted by those who felt victim of the regime in Juba, to lead the struggle for the betterment of all south Sudanese including the region.
Those who want see south Sudan is stable and in Peace must know that, the key for the national peace and stability is with Riek Machar and any attempt to separate him from the movement or depose him from the leadership of movement, will worsen the situation because the movement will possible spilt into factions on tribal lines which will not only make national unity impossible, but dismantle south Sudan, and make it ungovernable because there is no any political leader at this crucial stage like him no hold more than 200,000 SPLM/A- IO forces together under one command.
If the International Community is interested in bringing peace and stability to the people of South Sudan as well the region at large, then Dr. Riek Matcher must be deeply involved in the process – because he is the only one that has the influence on the rebel fighters.
This can be proved by the experience of the Government with Taban Deng Gai when the Government toppled the leadership of Dr. Riek Machar and replaced him with Taban Deng Gai on false assumptions; the peace and stability they (government) thought could bring failed because the entire armed forces of the SPLM-IO including the politicians and supporters remained with Riek Machar - leaving Taban Deng Gai without any control over the army or the political structure of the SPM-IO and as a result, no peace and stability till now.
The President Kirr himself admitted it in his statement that, “all Nuer has gone with Dr. Riek Machar while the Equatorian youths remained in the bush.” The statement confirms the influence of Dr. Riek Machar in political affairs of South Sudan and therefore excluding him from any political system of the south Sudan at this moment, won’t be helpful in resolving our national political crisis.
Since Dr. Riek Machar was forced out of the Country to Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), then to Sudan and now to South Africa, he is still in control of the entire SPLM-IO forces and trying to keep him away, won’t solve any problems because he (Dr. Riek Machar) is part to the solutions of South Sudan as well part to entire armed forces in structure of the SPLM-IO.
It is time for the regional body to understand the significant of Dr. Riek Machar in the political affairs of South Sudan and involves him deeply or else, forget about Peace and Stability in South Sudan because their (International Community) exclusive efforts won’t yield any fruits.
Brigadier General John Sunday Martin
SPLA-IO 3rd Brigade Commander
Newer news items:
- PADANG PRESS RELEASE - REJECTION TO ANNEXATION OF PANYIKANG COUNTY OF FASHODA STATE (13/12/2016) - 13/12/2016
- Enough Project - Groundbreaking": Congress Passes Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act - 10/12/2016
- PRESS- RELEASE: SPLA - IO captured Ombachi in Yei River State - 07/12/2016
- PRESS - RELEASE: SPLA-IO forces in control of Lasu\ Korogulu in Yei - 04/12/2016
- Video - South Sudan, The Untold Story from Independence to Civil War - 27/11/2016
Older news items:
- Press Release - THE USA PROPOSED SANCTION AGAINST THE PERSON OF DR. RIEK MACHAR IS NOT SOLUTIONS TO THE SOUTH SUDAN’S CRISIS - 21/11/2016
- Enough Project - U.S. to Introduce UN Security Council Resolution for Targeted Sanctions, Arms Embargo on South Sudan - 18/11/2016
- President Trump is God’s corrective rod for the world but Moses’ rod for South Sudan! - 15/11/2016
- The Rights of Chollo People for Local Autonomy Rule (revised version) - 07/11/2016
- Save South Sudan and the entire world by electing Hillary Rodham Clinton President! - 07/11/2016
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 68838 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56848 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 34984 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26985 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24397 times