(Sunday 25th, September 2016)
The approval of the Cantonment areas in Greater Equatoria by the SPLM-IG and the act of sidelining the SPLM-IO Dr. Riek Machar from the Government won’t resolved our National political crisis but worsen it because problem of instability facing this nation is not because of Riek Machar but because of the odd policies and practices of the SPLM-IG that is facing this nation, which is turning the peaceful citizens to arms themselves against the government. In this regard, whether International Community will force Dr. Riek Machar into Exile or not, as long there is SPLM-IG under the concurrent corrupt, tribal, dictatorial and visionless leadership of Salva Kirr and Taban Deng Gai, there will never be peace and therefore, any efforts of International Community to bring peace and set the Country on its feet won’t work if International Community will ignore to realize the magnitude of Dr. Riek Machar in South Sudan’s political affairs.
Dr. Riek Machar remains the nationally recognized leader of the marginalized people, who increasingly enjoying the popular supports of south Sudanese from all walks of life; therefore, any attempt to peripheral him political by SPLM-IG and International Community will intensify the crisis and make South Sudan ungovernable. We will neither accept any transitional Government without Dr. Riek Machar being part of it, nor accept cantonment areas in Greater Equatoria without Dr. Riek Machar being part to the Transition Government.
The approval of the cantonment areas for Greater Equatorial region will never bring peace because Cantonment is not the real grievance that made us to go to the bush, and fight against the regime of SPLM under the leadership of Salva Kirr. The cantonment never means solution to our national problems as SPLM-IO forces from Great Equatoria; the solutions to our problems is laid on good political will of the government to give in for total reforms we demanded, and warrant national democratic systems to enhance freedom, justices and sustainable development that will restore the rights and dignities of south Sudanese at large.
Dr. Riek Machar is part to the national Peace and stability, therefore without Riek, never will there be peace and stability because SPLM-IG alone cannot bring peace and stability but crisis that we are trying hard to avoided.
The Government of Salva Kirr and Taban Deng with their International partners must know that, the SPLM-IO forces in Greater Equatoria Region remained royally to the leadership of Dr. Riek Machar and therefore, we are not going to these Cantonment areas, but will continue to fight with objectivity of ousting the regime of SPLM-IG that is manifested by corruption, tribalism, dictatorship, injustices and lack of political will to bring an end to the sufferings of the innocent souls in South Sudan.
Brigadier General John Sunday Martin
SPLA (IO) 3rd Brigade Commander
Newer news items:
- EQUATORIAN LEADERS IN DIASPORA CONDEMN KILLINGS OF ALL CIVILIANS IN SOUTH SUDAN - 20/10/2016
- The coin of power: Gen. Paul Malong aspires for President!! - 18/10/2016
- Complaint of Chollo Community Council against human rights violation committed by President Kiir and Chol Thon - 13/10/2016
- Enough Project: U.S. has financial tools to counter atrocities in Africa’s deadliest war zones, says new report - 11/10/2016
- Armed Resistance against Juba is Indispensable - 01/10/2016
Older news items:
- Nuer’s Ruin Is Gordon Buay’s Hobby - 25/09/2016
- Why Single Out Collo Intellectuals? A reply to Mr. Mayak Deng Aruei - 13/09/2016
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Groundbreaking Investigation to Reveal War Profiteers Fueling Corruption-Driven Conflict in South Sudan - 06/09/2016
- THE JIENG COUNCIL OF ELDERS REJECTS THE UN SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION 2304 - 04/09/2016
- Time for Dr Riek Machar to restrategise - 12/08/2016
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 69020 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56873 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 35022 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 27005 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24407 times