The Twic East Community of South Sudan-USA is going observes its Third Anniversary of Dr. John Garang Memorial Day basis on aforementioned date and place above. Dr. John Garang Memorial Day is a vital day where the Greater Twic East Community people in United States of America Gives Appreciations to their sons and daughters who have voluntarily sacrificed for their people freedom, South Sudanese and Sudanese as well. Even though the Event sounds like it is solely concentrated on our sons and daughters. Still, our community of Twic East people do recognized other communities' sons and daughters who have sacrificed their precious bloods with our sons and daughters over the course of South Sudanese struggle periods.
When was the Eastern Twi Dinka people did start commemorating Dr. John Garang Memorial Day? Well, the First Anniversary was celebrated in great City of Des Moines, Iowa in September 27, 2014, and the Second Anniversary was celebrated on July 4th, 2015 in great City of Syracuse, New York [Empire State]. And of course, this year which is Third Anniversary is going to be carried out by our community of Twic East in great City of Lincoln, Nebraska.
The Event will have many dignitaries in attendance, among those dignitaries be headlined by Hon. Pagan Amum, Hon. Yusuf Kwa family and other important figures of our liberation times. Not just for Dr. John Garang honoring, this ceremony will also display patriotism at its best by those who have served to create the Republic of South Sudan. All freedom fighters, Anyanya I and SPLA, and traditional leaders such as 21 Jonglei’s traditional leaders of which 16 leaders were from Twic, 3 from Bor, and 2 from Nyarweng and Hol that were assassinated in 1967 by the Government of Sudan for the sake of South Sudanese freedom will be remembered. Just to mention few of them now, but more dignitaries would be there at venue of Dr. John Garang Memorial Day in great City of Lincoln, Nebraska.
We are inviting our neighbors' communities of Duk, Bor and other Dinka Communities to attain this an essential Event of ours. Twic East Community is also inviting the Greater Upper Nile region communities, the Greater Bahr el Ghazal region communities and the Greater Equatoria region communities of our nation. All of you are highly welcome to Dr. John Garang Memorial Day. This constitutive Event is being organized by our community all over the US, but most importantly; everything is rest assurance in hands of our sons and daughters in Great City of Lincoln, Nebraska. Last and not least, the Event is open to friends, guests, anyone and or even communities outside borders of our country of South Sudan. Please join us, and have a great weekend of July 4th, the Independence Day in United States.
Please check our community web-site below to learn more about our people and some of our sons and daughters whom we are going to honor on July 2nd, 2016 in Lincoln, Nebraska. Here is links:
Finally, welcome one!!! Welcome all!!! and let's Commemorates Third Anniversary of Dr. John Garang Memorial Day in great City of Lincoln, Nebraska.
Thanks our people, God bless
This information was validated by:
Twic East Community of South Sudan-USA General public
Twic East in USA Paramount Chiefs Office
Media & Information office
Newer news items:
- Collo Community Council Position on opening the Nile route from Renk to Juba - 06/07/2016
- Video by Alma Ettore - Enough is Enough! - 17/06/2016
- Stolen Assets Must be Returned to the South Sudanese People - 16/06/2016
- President Kiir and JCE’s obstruction - 13/06/2016
- Enough’s Brooks-Rubin to Senate: Modern Sanctions Policy Could Disrupt Violent Kleptocracy in Sub-Saharan Africa - 13/06/2016
Older news items:
- Jieng Council of Elders - UNMISS needs to adhere to its mandates - 27/05/2016
- Response to Lou Nuer letter - Annexation of Pajut county to Uror is a falsity - 25/05/2016
- Enough Project - Policy Brief: “The Paper Tiger in South Sudan” - 24/05/2016
- Chollo Community Council - Urgent Action Needed To Be taken By JMEC - 22/05/2016
- Shilluk and its Dinka Neighbors - 22/05/2016
Popular news items:
- The Final Communique of SPLM-DC Third Session of the National Council - 29/03/2011 - Read 68852 times
- Roles and Definition of Political Parties - 29/04/2011 - Read 56850 times
- Agriculture in Southern Sudan: Challenges and Investment Opportunities - 06/10/2010 - Read 34987 times
- Fashoda Youth Forum Rehabilitation of Drainage Culverts in Malakal town Report - 07/08/2008 - Read 26987 times
- Dozens of gunmen on horseback ambush peacekeepers - 24/05/2008 - Read 24398 times