So far, the cooperation agreement between Sudan and South is smoothly proceeding against the wishes of the others. The Sudanese and South Sudanese Council of ministers have approved the joint cooperation agreement.
The agreement was tabled before the National Assembly on Tuesday for approval which is expected within a week. South Sudan parliament is also embarking on the deal. Following the approval of the two parliaments, the agreement will be binding for the two states as International accord.
Moreover, the joint security committee has met and crafted a plan in support of smooth progress of the agreement.
As a good will and in compliance with President Al Bashir’s instructions,
Sudan has begum exporting basic commodities to South Sudan and opened borders and crossings to facilitate the movement of the citizens
The two countries have begun expulsing armed movement from their territories including the Darfurian armed movements. South Sudan is fed up with SLM-N, so it is seriously trying to get rid of this burden
Oil companies have also been instructed to make their facilities ready to pump South Sudan oil within six or seven weeks.
According to joint borders monitors, no breach or hostile acts have been registered since the signing of the agreement on September 27.
The two sides have also agreed to make the opponents of agreement who have special agenda and interested in fishing in the troubled waters to miss the chance.
This positive indication is clear evidence that the agreement and summit between President Al Bashir and President Kiir have not only tended to resolve dispute, but also went far behind to lay down firm foundation for firm ties
There is a big difference between resolving dispute and a desire to turn past hostility and warring into close ties and exchange of joint interests.
This doesn’t means that the two sides will never differ over the implementation the agreement, but the difference over a certain point will not lead to dispute or the failure of the agreement. Therefore, the two Presidents are on contact via hot line to discuss highly crucial and sensitive issues.
The situation is proceeding as hoped for without any differences over the application because according to the agreement there will be no room for differences.
By SS, 8 hours 1 minute ago
Newer news items:
- From South Sudan refugee camps to glitzy London media awards night - ChristianToday - 15/10/2012
- The Addis Agreements: The Litmus Test of South Sudanese Political Integrity - Sudan Vision - 14/10/2012
- Refugees in South Sudan find hope amid the despair - Toronto Star - 14/10/2012
- South Sudanese refugees: New world, new roles - Sioux Falls Argus Leader - 14/10/2012
- Ambassador Mayen: You are a Blessing to South Sudanese Diplomacy - Sudan Vision - 13/10/2012
Older news items:
- South Sudan: WFP Girls? Ration Increases School Attendance in Eastern ... - Reuters AlertNet - 12/10/2012
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Fox News - 11/10/2012
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012
- HELP! WHILE THE WORLD “WORRIES” about the FLOW OF OIL IN SUDAN and ... - Gretawire (blog) - 11/10/2012
- Mbabazi calls for joint oil pipeline with S. SudanPublish Date: Oct 11, 2012 - New Vision - 11/10/2012
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 20298 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 18164 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 16133 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 15232 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12765 times