...intelligence event, for its work with the Satellite Sentinel Project (SSP). The SSP, a project initiated by actor George Clooney with partnerships between the Enough Project, the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative and DigitalGlobe, among others, calls attention to human rights violations by using satellite imagery to prevent mass atrocities in Sudan and South Sudan before they occur.
"We're honored to receive this award with the Satellite Sentinel Project and the many caring partners devoting their time and resources to the Sudans," said Jeffrey R. Tarr, president and chief executive officer of DigitalGlobe. "Our continued partnership with this truly selfless group of organizations is a priority for us, and together we hope to continue making a meaningful difference for the people of that region."
Combining on-the-ground data and intelligence from the SSP and its partners with superior satellite imagery collected and analyzed by the experts at DigitalGlobe, the team monitors the border between Sudan and South Sudan to assess human security situations, identify potential threats to civilians, and detect, deter and document war crimes and crimes against humanity. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but in the hands of an expert analyst who can provide context and insight, it can be worth infinitely more. DigitalGlobe's team of geospatial analysts is based in Longmont, Colorado, and has supported analysis efforts since the SSP's launch of its pilot phase in December of 2010. DigitalGlobe keeps a constant eye on the world to provide early insights into the business, market, military, environmental and political changes that impact people worldwide. Ultimately, DigitalGlobe helps give customers answers, allowing them to see the full picture. Demonstrations of DigitalGlobe's complete suite of GEOINT products and services will be taking place at the DigitalGlobe booth #1401.
Newer news items:
- South Sudan: WFP Girls? Ration Increases School Attendance in Eastern ... - Reuters AlertNet - 12/10/2012
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Fox News - 11/10/2012
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012
- HELP! WHILE THE WORLD “WORRIES” about the FLOW OF OIL IN SUDAN and ... - Gretawire (blog) - 11/10/2012
- Mbabazi calls for joint oil pipeline with S. SudanPublish Date: Oct 11, 2012 - New Vision - 11/10/2012
Older news items:
- Unity and Reconciliation in the Republic of South Sudan - Sudan Vision - 10/10/2012
- Sudan, South Sudan pledge peace, seek investment - Reuters - 10/10/2012
- Good Day :South Sudan is Booming..! - Sudan Vision - 10/10/2012
- Sudan and South Sudan: Abyei remains sticking point - The Africa Report - 10/10/2012
- Sudanese rebels say resume shelling of oil state capital - CNBC.com - 10/10/2012
Popular news items:
- No oil in troubled waters - 25/03/2014 - Read 20246 times
- School exam results in South Sudan show decline - Bikya Masr - 01/04/2012 - Read 18052 times
- Former Lost Boy Gives Back to South Sudan - Care2.com (blog) - 31/05/2012 - Read 16065 times
- NDSU student from South Sudan receives scholarship - In-Forum - 29/09/2012 - Read 15169 times
- With prisons full, South Sudan to introduce mobile courts to clear backlog of ... - Washington Post - 11/10/2012 - Read 12703 times